4th gen mirrors on my 03

smokjunky

Just the new guy
There's tons of forums on this but I can't find a direct answer. A buddy has a pair of 4th gen I think chrome with lights mirrors and I can get them for a steal so I thought what the heck. I searched but I can't find the answer.I know it's not a direct fit do I have to drill, buy a bracket or just sell them and get a 3rd gen set haha?

Ok, problem is that there is no other option for 4th gen mirrors on a 3rd gen. Don't you think if they were just bolt up every rice grinder oral roller would be rollin around with them pointed up in the air? Go ahead and bolt them up...

they mount nothing alike. you could probably make a mount but they wont look good

I would like to know as well if these would bolt up.

I disagree. In my experience, aftermarket quality is never quite as good as OEM parts.

We offer a lifetime warranty on our mirrors. They're made very well.

Tony

I like the bigger convex mirror. The small one on the 3rd gen mirror is just about useless...

In my opinion, the small convex mirror on the factory 3rd gen mirrors is in the wrong place when they're folded down. Not to mention, it's just not big enough to see much with. If I had a 3rd gen, I would leave the mirrors up because I like the position of the convex mirror at that point. Although, even when they're up, I think the convex is still in the wrong position. I think it should be on the inside.

I'm glad I saw this though because my dad has been asking me about swapping just the glass from a 4th gen mirror to his 3rd gen. I think they're a slightly different shape though but maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me. The 1A Auto mirrors look nice and seem to be priced the same as OEM mirrors from a dealer.

I hate my 4th gen mirrors. I can't see crap with them down. I'd much rather have the 3rd Gen mirrors on my 2013.

Back