4th Gen Ram...the most serious SQ system I've ever tried

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
First....I'm having this install done. It's just flat ass above my skill level as far as tuning goes.
I'm keeping the OEM head unit....I don't wanna lose the DVD, NAV, Bluetooth, steering controls....and everything else that's integrated into the truck.
I needed a solid DSP that would do everything I need so I bough the Mosconi 6to8.
main.png

Power is a pair of Mosconi AS200.4's

mosconi_AS200-4-droit.jpg

Front stage is the Focal Utopia Be No7 active kit

carhifi_159.jpg

I also located one of only 2 sets of Shok Industries tweeter pods specifically for this tweeter that are in the States. Only 10 sets even exist.

ymajaqez.jpg

Sub is the brand new JL Audio 12W6v3 that shipped to me today. I found a shop that got a few in JL's pre release this week. Most places won't see them until March or April.

702211.jpg

It's gonna take some power to feed all that crap so...

A DC Power 250 amp alternator...with a polished case of course, is sitting at my office.

DCPE13968-250-XP.jpg

And I finished it off with an XS Power D4800 battery.

D4800-L.jpg

The whole truck will get Dampened and a layer of Ensolite and MLV installed.
All wiring will be Stinger and Street Wires.

Speaker breakdown is like this:

Sub...950 watts
Mid Bass...320 watts each
Midrange...200 watts each
Tweeters...200 watts each.

I hope it sounds as good as I think it will....guess I'll know in 2-3 weeks after the install is completed.

I wish they were cheap....unfortunately they're not.
I've always wanted the Utopia set...decided to just go for it.

Oh yea...they're not paper. It's some foam/glass fiber laminate.
Not sure what it means but I didn't design them so I don't have to. LOL

Oh I know what they are. Woman's panties moisten over 4 miles away.

SMB's...thanks for giving me more ideas for ways to blow money on the new ride.

I see everything but a head unit?

[EDIT] - NVM - But why do all that and keep an OEM HU that limits quality to begin with?

It won't limit anything. Any critical listening will be done with lossless digital files.

Sorry Boss, I would take any reputable after market HU over any OEM any day. The additional features and add-ons alone would be worth it. You cant go dropping Focals in there and keep the OEM HU. Thats just plain wrong ;)

This ain't my first rodeo.
My last head unit was a clarion DRZ9255...I know my way around.
A lossless source is as good if not better than any CD transport out there.
All I need is a summed signal into the DSP...it'll do the rest.
There are no high end aftermarket head units that offer all the convenience features this OEM unit has...period. What it lacks the 6to8 makes up for.

What does your system consist of?

Lol, I thought you were concerned about weight at one point!!

Meanwhile I'm over like "sweet, my 12 year old factory radio is picking up FM today"

This ain't my first rodeo.
My last head unit was a clarion DRZ9255...I know my way around.
A lossless source is as good if not better than any CD transport out there.
All I need is a summed signal into the DSP...it'll do the rest.
There are no high end aftermarket head units that offer all the convenience features this OEM unit has...period. What it lacks the 6to8 makes up for.

What does your system consist of?

I know how lossless works, its just hard to find a good OEM with the features (BT/Nav/USB/SD/Vid in/out/ECT) that after markets have.

My system is nothing fancy

I took out the center console/seat and put in a custom console that houses a custom built PC, power inverter, Xbox 360 and a B&M Quicksilver floor shifter. No head unit need. I never listen to the radio. In the dash is a touchscreen 10" HDMI Lilliput. OS is Win7 with Centrafuse as the FrontEnd S/W. MS Streets and Trips for Nav. External USB ports for quick cell and USB drive plug ins. USB BT dongle for a mini keyboard and USB WiFi dongle to tether my smartphone to the PC if someones wants to stream something off the net. A few component sets, a couple subs and amps on the back wall. 2 TVs in the sunvisors and 2 more in the head rest for the kids.

I have a BNIB Pioneer AHV-X4500BT a customer ordered and backed out of last week if you change your mind.

What OEM HU do you have BTW. Maybe Im missing something about it

2012 Ram R/T...730n RHR
It has pretty much all the features you listed plus DVD, an internal hard drive and back up camera capability...with voice command of everything and talk to text through the head unit.
Plus I won't lose the steering wheel controls.

Here's a link:
Uconnect | Systems | 2012 Chrysler 200 730N/RHR

Tell me again why I would rip all that out just to replace it with less features at twice the price?

Last edited:
He has a '12 Ram RT.

I don't wanna lose the DVD, NAV, Bluetooth, steering controls

If I hazard a guess, I would say this is a big reason with keeping the OEM HU.

Edit: Treed.. LOL

Back