4wd front traction

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
What kind of things are y'all doing on the suspension up front to help the all-important 60'?

Limiting strap and testing on the amount of lift. That yeilded me 1.60 60ft.

HTML:
Limiting strap and testing on the amount of lift. That yeilded me 1.60 60ft.

How much lift was you allowing? That would at least give me a starting point.

I do nothing in the front,, and my truck goes reasonably well.... now the back is a different story,,,

Kevin

Is your truck bouncing/shaking or are you just trying to limit the lift/weight transfer?

I personally like my truck to squat. when it is done properly it works good

If you watch in the video you will see what I am talking about. My 60's are slightly slower than what I know I could have due to I keep full tq mgnt on. Trannys are too expensive

Kevin

Is your truck bouncing/shaking or are you just trying to limit the lift/weight transfer?

I've got a system for strapiing down the front. Just trying to think of anything else I could do to get the 60' even better. It seems to take off relatively smooth when the front is bound down.

can any one elaborate on the strapping the front? i want to try this my next time out, show me the light!

Literally we are talking about using a 3" ratchet strap between the frame and axle. Ratching it down as tight as we can. That loads the springs and reduces the movement of the axle, which pretty much eliminates the bounce/front axle wrap.

Imelmo:
you may want to add front traction bars. I know a few pullers are using them. I don't have any experiance but from what I hear, it helps.

I personally like my truck to squat. when it is done properly it works good

If you watch in the video you will see what I am talking about. My 60's are slightly slower than what I know I could have due to I keep full tq mgnt on. Trannys are too expensive

Kevin

What do you run for 60 footers?

Nice run!

I run a high 160 or a low 170. But keep in mind I dont change the tq mngt. I have done low 150s with the tq mgt off,,, but I tend to wreck trannys at that point

Kevin

I run a high 160 or a low 170. But keep in mind I dont change the tq mngt. I have done low 150s with the tq mgt off,,, but I tend to wreck trannys at that point

Kevin

Sweet...There is no way I could hit the 1.5's with my current shoes.

I picked up a set of 20/305's stz's to try.
The 32's should put a lot less stress on my running gear than my current 35's.

Heads up!
I was told that Falken are going to stop building this size. I have no way of confirming this, but thought you should know.

what is tq mngt? is that like easing your foot to the floor in a 12v?

truck looks great in the vids!

Back