4x4 DRAG RACING

TWIZTED CUMMINS

Charger
Ok Ive been looking through some other threads about drag racing in 4WD and whether to leave it in 4WD the whole 1/4 or to try and take it out. Most of you said to leave it in till the end cuz it won't come out until you let off anyways. My question though is whether or not its good for the truck to be going those speeds in 4WD. From what Ive heard some trucks shouldn't go above 55-70 while in 4WD. Tell me what you all think cuz I plan on racing my Cummins when I move back to Denver

Theres alotttt of trucks going well over 115mph in the quarter in 4wd. Hammer down and hang on, bump it out when you go through the trap.

As long as its going in a relatively straight line, it's gonna be ok. Now, going 55 in 4wd and taking a corner is more destructive than 115 in a straight line.

Taco's anybody?
funny-pictures-taco-cat-is-a-palindrome.jpg

25psi launches in 4x4 isn't "good for it" either lol. You'll be fine man

Leave it in 4wd, Diesels are slow! They'll never see anything that fast...

It won't release out of 4x4 until the load is off the transfer case anyway so switching it out is wasting time and concentration.

Switch it in and out of 4wd before it shifts into each gear so it doesn't damage the tcase...

If you don't need it in 4x4 all the way down the track, you're not making enough hp. LOL

Leave it in, you'll be fine.

Paul

Uh just a little info to consider. Nothing about drag racing is GOOD for your truck. You play you pay its not about if your going to break something its when. You can shift out of 4wd if it makes you feel better.

................................ From what Ive heard some trucks shouldn't go above 55-70 while in 4WD. Tell me what you all think cuz I plan on racing my Cummins when I move back to Denver

That talk is from 10-15 years ago.

How old are these threads?

This subject has been hashed over a 100 times and thought this is a dead topic.

That talk is from 10-15 years ago.

How old are these threads?

This subject has been hashed over a 100 times and thought this is a dead topic.

And if you look at my join date it was THIS month. And if you also read what my post was it says THAT IVE READ THREW ALL THE THREADS REGARDING THIS TOPIC AND THE INFO THAT I HAVE FOUND OUT. THE QUESTION I POSTED IN THIS THREAD WAS NOT ANSWERED IN ANY OF THOSE THREADS. SO IT WOULD BENEFIT YOU TO READ BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT A QUESTION I HAD THAT I OBVIOUSLY HAVENT FOUND AN ANSWER TO. THANKS

And if you look at my join date it was THIS month. And if you also read what my post was it says THAT IVE READ THREW ALL THE THREADS REGARDING THIS TOPIC AND THE INFO THAT I HAVE FOUND OUT. THE QUESTION I POSTED IN THIS THREAD WAS NOT ANSWERED IN ANY OF THOSE THREADS. SO IT WOULD BENEFIT YOU TO READ BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT A QUESTION I HAD THAT I OBVIOUSLY HAVENT FOUND AN ANSWER TO. THANKS

It won't release out of 4x4 until the load is off the transfer case anyway so switching it out is wasting time and concentration.

i thought that was preety self explanatory

second post was a guy saying he regularly does over 115 mph in 4wd......

second post was a guy saying he regularly does over 115 mph in 4wd......

yes and that post answered the rest of that question...I just didn't see why that guy was complaining on the reason for me posting this thread....me doing so got me both the answers i needed to know

Back