4x4 traction?

I launch at 15 but it spins when the naws comes in at 20. I need a progressive controller but don't want to drop 300+ on the nx boost reference one I want. MAYBE COMP461 WANTS TO SPONSOR ME!!!! Lol

drop the jack on the controller. it is a nice piece fa sho.

I think putting a progressive nitrous controller on would probably be your best bet. Solve the problem, not the symptom.

Having said that. Sooner or later you are probably going to be back to the same problem, because you will want to keep going quicker. A good set of tires of course helps a bunch. On my 05, I run 1.59-1.60 60' times, with a stock suspension, except for rear spring clamps, and heavy duty adjustable shocks. The shocks are adjusted as stiff as they can go, on both the front and the rear. Tune up is everything on the launch. From how the turbos build boost, to how the fueling comes in. I can over power the track and spin all four tires past the 330.

As far as traction bars.... Rob was correct. If you are going to run traction bars on a 4x4 for racing, the intersect point needs to be above the center line. What this does is force the front end down as the rear axle wraps. Most traction bars however do the opposite, which as I understand it (not a sled puller though), this helps when sled pulling. Short traction bars can cause the intersect point to be above the center line, if they are designed that way. I know someone on here makes a set, but I can remember who it is. They may chime in... The longer the bar, typically the worse they are for drag racing a 4x4. Notice I keep saying a 4x4, because the rules are completely different for a 2x4.

Hope this helps....
Paul

Long traction bars work better for hooks or 2WD drags, and short bars work better launching off the tree in 4WD (they push the axle away from the frame).

Long traction bars work better for hooks or 2WD drags, and short bars work better launching off the tree in 4WD (they push the axle away from the frame).

Awww, now I remember who makes them! :rockwoot:

Paul

even if it doesnt my truck will be at the track next weekend...how about you willy?

Just put some bars on, progressive controller, and a nice full bottle of VHT.

where the bar mounts is where its lifting point on the truck. If you mount it up near the drivers door it will lift the front, if you mount it further back it will lift the back. Just make some bars around four foot and call it good.

where the bar mounts is where its lifting point on the truck. If you mount it up near the drivers door it will lift the front, if you mount it further back it will lift the back. Just make some bars around four foot and call it good.

Wrong, it's the angle of the bar.

InductionMotorsports.com The way I understand it is(I'm a novice) basically you want to know the center of your trucks weight , vertically and horizonally. Put the two together and you have center point.

Hey Scott,

For minimal front end lift & maximum rear anti-squat, I recommend short bars like Street Sleepers (that's what we installed on Romario's dually)... not sure how far away from OEM your suspension is, so expect Corvette instead of Cadillac for handling. :Cheer:

I thought clamping the springs worked alot like short traction bars, which will lift the front end of the truck? Long bars will actually push forward, while controlling axle wrap, but not actually provide lift to the front suspension? Can you stick it in 2wd? Front end lift will actually help this.

I have a set of cheap ladder bars on my truck and I noticed a huge difference in launching my truck. they are a shorter set about 4' or so and they are angled up to the frame. before I put these on it would spin the tires all day long on the street just from doing a boosted launch now when on the street in 2wd it will only spin for about 15-20 ft. then it hooks and plants.. so in 4x4 it doesn't spin at all. and like someone else said with my shorter ones angled up to the frame it actually lifts the rear end when you launch. which actually would help my sled pulling as it would give me more downforce by shortening up the chain and stretching out the suspension.

We run traction bars and the NX boost ref cntrl. Greg helped us with the tuning. Get the controller!!!! only downside to it is not being able to adjust in cab. Very, very smooth. My 60 ft times are basically same on motor and spray.

Back