5.9 CR going in a 1984 GMC 1500

Great build! A word of advice about the oil pan- I took 3" out of mine for clearance and reduced the capacity to roughly 2 gallons. The oil ran hotter than I would have liked and the pistons/cooling system took a beating. I'm moving the front of the sump on my CR build forward to retain capacity with the reduced height. I'd recommend retaining the stock 11qts.

Wouldnt running an efficient oil cooler of some kind help with that?

Wouldnt running an efficient oil cooler of some kind help with that?

One would think so, but I would be hesitant pulling that much oil. Might lower the oil pressure to much to get adequate cooling.. Might be able to use another pump.

Just my first thought.

I added capacity back by increasing the size of sump. Also, not doing any towing.

I did an '06 5.9 and 48re into my wifes excursion. I bypassed the tipm and i'm running the 48re off the cummins ecm with no vss input, just output shaft speed. don't know how the older trans is controlled. only issue i've run into is trans will do a weird shift once in a while but i don't know for sure if it's due to lack of vss. My 06 dodge does it once in a while too.

Didn't know that was possible. I've already committed to manual vb and standalone harness. I like the manual for this truck.

On to some progress pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419173321.798540.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419173334.743196.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419173347.109692.jpg

It's an old aftermarket conversion seat I bought out of the local junkyard and had redone.

Got my harness and ecm in. Not much to look at, but here's a pic anyway.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420035045.989691.jpg

Didn't know that was possible. I've already committed to manual vb and standalone harness. I like the manual for this truck.

On to some progress pics.

most people say it's not possible but it is. I wanted something as close to OEM as possible. this is my wife's daily driver. I have a small build thread and a video posted of a short drive.

coming along nicely. kinda makes me wish I had another 12v to put in the late 70's stepside out in the back 40.

That's really cool.

I drilled and tapped the filter housing for 1/2" npt so I could put a -8 fuel line adapter in it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420162265.437672.jpg

Thanks. Doing a bunch of rearranging and cleaning in the shop today so I can get it on the lift.

Back