5 inch FTE resonator

tinkertoy

I bought a 5 inch resonator and i received it today. It is made a lot different on the inside than i thought. Looks like to me it would choke up the exhaust and i was debating on putting it on.

It may perform good thats what i would like to hear form a few of u guys that has ran one or that is running one?

I added a 5" diameter 30" long resonator plus a 5" Hushpower muffler. The truck is extremely quiet and much nicer to drive with zero increase in EGT's or anything else that would lead me to believe it's a restriction.

Put it in...you'll love it.

Several big hp guys are running it with no adverse affects. No increase in egt or loss of hp. I have one on my truck and love it. NO drone. I plan on leaving it on when my twins go on in the couple weeks.

bbexcursion saw increase in EGT and lag running two of them, but one of them doesn't seem to effect much

How loud is it outside of the cab? My setup is looking quite rinky dink these days, wondering if a new 5'' straight pipe with a resonator would be too loud for in town...

Several big hp guys are running it with no adverse affects. No increase in egt or loss of hp. I have one on my truck and love it. NO drone. I plan on leaving it on when my twins go on in the couple weeks.

Are you running a muffler also? I put a 5inch strait pipe on my 6.7. Little louder than i like. Was wondering which would be better. a good muffler or a resonator or both?

I ran it without a muffler the first month. No drone but the exhaust was still a little loud for me when towing. Added a 5" aero turbine I had laying around and it's nice and quiet now. Barely louder than the stock exhaust.

Aero turbine offers a 5050xl which is muffler and resonator together. Had any experience with them?

The aeroturbine did 20% of what the 17" fte resonator did. It's a night and day difference

Mine is super quiet, just be sure to put it as close to the turbo as possible. I also saw no increase in EGT, or drop in power.

Yea mine is 30"s long also, u guys have talked me into running it. Its amazing on the techology we have now day's!

As for going 5" straight pipe, I have a temporary short exhaust on my 98 dumping in front of the rear tire and I have the short version of the resonator on there. It's pretty loud and drones worst between 1800-2200 RPM. I'm adding a muffler when I complete the setup but hope it will be enough, needs to be acceptable when towing.

Back