500 hp

Very easy. A lot harder to get the trans to hold boosted launches. I've seen 350-400rwhp for $0 on 215 pump trucks.

I am asking about p-pump. I have a Low mileage VE engine at the moment and would love to get 450hp. I was considering selling it a getting a p-pump engine but I'd rather have the VE so i am working on getting info on both engines. If i can make 450 with my VE I'd be happy.

Only when the system is cranked all the way, and the secret squirrels are eating well!

I didn't think the 2nd gens came with a VE pump. What year is it?

They don't. I have a VE motor and if i can't get the hp i want out of it, I'm gonna sell it and get a 2nd gen 12v. That's why i want info on both engines.

Any pump is capable of your 500hp goal, a set of delivery valves, injectors, and some pump tuning should get you there.

And a turbo to burn it efficiently.

Edit: I'm a bad example of that concept, but new turbo is coming in a few months. Even without DV's, I can't come close to cleaning up at WOT.

Last edited:
Correct, failed to metion that air is a key componet lol. Sounds like you need a 64/71/14 for what you want.

some good tuning and injectors and probably a 62 or 64 turbo should easily do 500hp. i was gonna try for 600hp with a 66mm turbo

A 64/71/14 will be a good turbo, but it's going to be laggy. I've heard good things about a 63/68/14, it's what I'm planning on. I figure I will be around 450-500rwhp with my tuning, sticks, and the 63/68.

^^^that's all you and I are going to be at power-wise? I wanted quick spool and towing capabilities, so I'm willing to sacrifice power (don't need to get a big head about this), I was just thinking I'd be at a bit more than that…..do you think I'll see bit higher numbers with the .022's and racked barrels in collaboration with the 5x.014's and some tuning? (if you recall, my turbo is going to be 63/68/.91 T4 divided billet wheel/ no wastegate)

If you're asking me if I think I'll break 500 with my planned mods.... probably not, at least from what I've seen, but I'll be running stock DV's and I haven't had my barrels racked. But then again I'm just guessing and I'm not expert.

I would think with the .022's you'll be over 500, but I highly doubt you'll see 600 if that's what you're after, at least not on fuel only, but I could be wrong.

Thanks Jared. I'll just have to get her dynoed to see what the real deal is I guess…. Didn't mean to kinda hyjack the thread, but it sort of is relevant to the OP, because with my list of "cheap" goodies, I should be (supposedly) around 5-550 hp…..

Back