50mpg F-150 diesel

you'd have to have serious gearing considering those engines hate turning much more than 2k rpms

you'd have to have serious gearing considering those engines hate turning much more than 2k rpms

It probably wouldnt be that bad really. Most trucks ive been in turn around 17-1800 at 60mph. It wouldnt be a powerhouse by any means, but probably not too bad.

slow as the hills. Why not put a turbocharged 4BT instead of those engines, have pep to the truck, and get 25-35 mpg depending on driving conditions

I wonder how the motor would live used as a Stop-n-Go? I always thought those motors were set-up for 'constant' RPM?

Yeah, give me a 4BT with a CR hang'n off the side....and no emissions crap. There is a fella here that gets mid 30's with his SUBURBAN set-up that way.

Doesn't Ford sell the superduty trucks in south america with the 4BT in it?
and if I remember right Ford sold the ranger somewhere with a diesel in it but quit making them for some reason. I wonder why they dont do that in the here

oh and he shut the hood with the toy car still there....

I want the one with the Paxton supercharger, I bet it makes at least half the hp of what the stock gas engine did LOL

Doesn't Ford sell the superduty trucks in south america with the 4BT in it?
and if I remember right Ford sold the ranger somewhere with a diesel in it but quit making them for some reason. I wonder why they dont do that in the here

oh and he shut the hood with the toy car still there....

Ford did sell a diesel Ranger in the US... it was years ago though :eek:

Still impressive despite the corniness of the guy. Bolting engines to transmissions that were never made to go to together. I'd bet half of us couldn't pull that off.

Two brothers I went to school with both had diesel rangers

I've seen a few 4.5L v6 powerstrokes in some European box truck looking things over here latley...Wonder if they'll use that motor in the F-150.

When is Ford going to get smart and start putting I-6 diesel engines in their trucks F-series trucks? Preferrably something that resembled a Cummins?

the old rangers had a perkins and a mitsubishi diesel.. one of my neighbors has one he gets like 40 mpg!!

Back