53 Block?

The Hill Billy

So... Im lookin at this 2001 24V and a good friend of mine told me to make sure its not a 53 block and then told me a little about it. He said it should be stamped on the drivers side of the block. I called the guy selling it and he said he couldnt see anything. Is there a way to run the vin and find out for sure before I fly all the way over there to get the truck? Anybody experience the 53 block thing before? Thanks

Let me google that for you
Or try a search

You could check the VIN to determine where the truck was assembled but it may not tell you where the block was cast.

Maybe ask for some pictures? Hes should be able to feel/look around and find at least some casting numbers.

Left Front bottom corner of block the numbers are nearly an inch tall on my old one! I don't believe it was a huge deal in 01 but still possible!

x2 on the 01. they shouldn't but check to make sure. didn't know about it when i bought my 99 and ended up locknstitching a 3" crack a week before I left for school fun fun fun
TNutcher:badidea:

Thanks guys. I will have him check one more time for me. Looks like its lining up pretty good for me to get it here in the next week or so. Thanks again

Back