535rwhp on stock injectors....

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Mods are dual fueler, lift pump, and a GT4094 turbo.

Was thinking it should be more like 600. Stock dyno was 244rwhp.
Boost was 36psi on the dyno, and 42psi on the street. Dynojet inertia dyno.

Sound about right, or low?

Thanks

6 lbs of boosht missing. If you can't hit your street boost on the dyno then I can't imagine how it could possibly show what it is really putting down.

First run we did had a max of 3000 pw, 30 deg, and 26K rail. Made 508, then 3300 pw, 34 deg, 26k rail only made 512. Bumping rail to 28K made the 535. Truck had it's injectors replaced under warranty at 100k, is it possible the new injectors are a bit smaller than the original stockers? It just seems like it's running out of fuel. EGT only hit 1300 deg on the dyno. Oh, LB7 btw. And, we're also backing down everything for a daily driver tune, we just ramped up everything to see what the truck responded to.

Have you run a known truck with repeatable numbers on the same dyno to compare? Either the dyno is very stingy or something is wrong with that truck.

Stock turbo, stock injector, stock CP3 pump LB7's normally are in the 500-520RWHP range with 3100PW and 27 degrees of timing.

Have you run a known truck with repeatable numbers on the same dyno to compare? Either the dyno is very stingy or something is wrong with that truck.

Stock turbo, stock injector, stock CP3 pump LB7's normally are in the 500-520RWHP range with 3100PW and 27 degrees of timing.

The dyno isn't known for being friendly that's for sure. What should trap speed be on a ccsb at c.600rwhp? I was thinking around 106-108mph.

First run we did had a max of 3000 pw, 30 deg, and 26K rail. Made 508, then 3300 pw, 34 deg, 26k rail only made 512. Bumping rail to 28K made the 535. Truck had it's injectors replaced under warranty at 100k, is it possible the new injectors are a bit smaller than the original stockers? It just seems like it's running out of fuel. EGT only hit 1300 deg on the dyno. Oh, LB7 btw. And, we're also backing down everything for a daily driver tune, we just ramped up everything to see what the truck responded to.

Your egts should be burying a 1600* gauge with ease with that kind of duration and timing. Doubtful the replacement injectors are smaller. But only 1300* is weird, id say some fuel has gone missing or something

Your egts should be burying a 1600* gauge with ease with that kind of duration and timing. Doubtful the replacement injectors are smaller. But only 1300* is weird, id say some fuel has gone missing or something

It hit 1450 on a 20mph-120mph run on the street, but it still seems like it should be higher. Fuel has gone missing somewhere was our diagnosis too, but where? It had a similar tune in it that only made 420rwhp with the dual fuelers and everything, and the owner was about to get the suicide pill ready!

Switched to a different stock file, Brown's Diesel rebuilt another tune from scratch, and hit the 535 number. I think the owner of the truck is sort of fed up with it, and willing to call it good enough for now.

You have to be hitting a limiter somewhere.

The numbers you laid down are achieved on a lot of stock turbo trucks with max effort tuning. 1450 is still low IMO.

I peg 1600* by the beginning of 4th gear.

At what rpm is it peaking on power? At what rpm are you quoting the duration & timing for? Are you ever reaching the rpm for the quoted duration & timing during the dyno run? Seems some are short low rpm bursts & some are drawn out charts.

That turbo should be producing enough air at that pressure to make more power than you're seeing. Hows the smoke during the run?

How does that 72 spool with stock injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spools great. Makes 43psi on the top end. It would be nice to have some 60 overs to cut the duration and timing down to something a tad safer.

If you have a duramax and want to stick with a single, bypass the s366 that everyone loves and get a 72/83 with a T4 .90

If I had some larger injectors and dual fuelers I would definitely run the 87mm turbine and 1.10 T4 housing

Yeah I was thinking of a 72 with my cr but with those 6 little cylinders I'm gonna need some sticks. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what rpm is it peaking on power? At what rpm are you quoting the duration & timing for? Are you ever reaching the rpm for the quoted duration & timing during the dyno run? Seems some are short low rpm bursts & some are drawn out charts.

That turbo should be producing enough air at that pressure to make more power than you're seeing. Hows the smoke during the run?

Smoke cleans up to a light haze...but still more than when it made 420rwhp with a canned tune.

Spools great. Makes 43psi on the top end. It would be nice to have some 60 overs to cut the duration and timing down to something a tad safer.

If you have a duramax and want to stick with a single, bypass the s366 that everyone loves and get a 72/83 with a T4 .90

If I had some larger injectors and dual fuelers I would definitely run the 87mm turbine and 1.10 T4 housing

Hum, that's the same boost this truck sees....maybe the dyno is just cranky by about 10% as compared to some others. I told him to go dyno on a Superflow that could load his truck more if he was worried about hitting a number.

Is the trans holding? This is coming from my dinosaur way of thinking. All you guys and your silly electronics and control over important parameters. Idiots...

Like I said, if you can't make your peak boost on the dyno how can you be reading peak power. Jump on a Superflow and do a 8-9 second timed sweep. It will hit street boost and a much more realistic power curve.

Back