56-57 chevy 3100, what do you think?

jkretzer

MegaCrank
I have always wanted a 56-57 chevy short bed pickup, as luck would have it my neighbor has one that has been sitting in his back yard since 1985. He drove it to the spot it sits and parked it bc it wasn't very good in the snow. I had inquired about it again over the weekend and he asked if I would give him $400 for it. I think it is worth it, but let me know what you all think. my plan has always been to obtain a truck like this and get it running and driving. over time do body work and then drop in a 4B with a manual trans. floor pans are solid, cab corners need replace, drivers side bed has a rust hole, engine bay is rust free, all door seems are solid, frame is solid.
what do you think?

Attachments

• 56 2.jpg
    56 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 0
  • 56 3.jpg
    56 3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 56 5.jpg
    56 5.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
I've got one and you need one too! Even if you can't salvage enough to make a runner, you can part it out for far more than $400. The hood could bring $300 alone.

I actually made the deal before I posted, but I was just asking for some support and reassurance from the members who appreciate projects. I think it is in great shape for its age and being in the back yard since 1985 uncovered (he even has the clean title in hand). hopefully in the next few weeks he gets the bed cleaned out and I can get a set of tires and drag it across his yard to mine. I figured for $400 I could always part it or scrap and get my money back if it anything turns out too bad, but at first glance it looks good.

scott, didn't know you had one. is it restored, drivable? care to post or send some pics?

Back