5kgsk ?

JakeDiesel

I know that harmonic reasoning (cant spell) happens and 4100 rpms and rods and crank start to fail at 5400rpms.

If you get a fliud balancer and weighted rods, raise those rpms.

I am debating on a 4gsk or a 5gsk, either way I would nt hold it there for long periods of time. Thanks Jake

What is the use of the truck? That will help you determine what you will need for springs.
Don't forget valve springs for either one.

Is this for the 4b or a 6b?

CDS's 5K's, I spun mine to 5300 many times last year all stock inside.
Brandon

My truck has been over 4500 many times. No issues with a stock short block.

Guy's spinning the rpms that high is fine but are you still making power in that RPM range? I have been thinking about going to a 4k set but I often wonder just how much more power the engine makes in the higher rpm's?? Anyone with 5k's have a dyno sheet??

Guy's spinning the rpms that high is fine but are you still making power in that RPM range? I have been thinking about going to a 4k set but I often wonder just how much more power the engine makes in the higher rpm's?? Anyone with 5k's have a dyno sheet??

Your not gonna make power with a stock cam and a 64 mm charger. If you can get the air to it, and out of it, you can make power up there.

What is the use of the truck? That will help you determine what you will need for springs.
Don't forget valve springs for either one.

Is this for the 4b or a 6b?

I am building a truck with a 6bt, I am thinkin about 60lbs springs and a helix 2 cam.

Right now I am just picking at u guys brains tryin to get some knowledge and I thank u guys

I am building a truck with a 6bt, I am thinkin about 60lbs springs and a helix 2 cam.

Right now I am just picking at u guys brains tryin to get some knowledge and I thank u guys

this is the exact same setup i am building right now. have a 5k pump comming from haisley, studded bottom end, studded top end, hd rod bolts, molly pistons, all stock bore. i have been wondering the same thing. i've heard if i go with this pump(550 cc)?? that i'll be around 650-700 on little bigger fuel lines. 5sp manual. im tuned in to this thread, id be interested in others thoughts too.

U need the R's for the huffer.
Brandon

I have seen trucks with helix 2's spin 5k and make decent power. For the person that street drives and occasionally pulls or drags it will work fine. If you do go Helix make sure and talk to Don to get the right core so that there are not any broken cams or bent valve in your future. Also going to a steel billet is not a 100% garantee against a broken cam as I have seen a few. But it will decrease your chances of a fracture over a marine cam or a factory regrind.

Zach

I have seen trucks with helix 2's spin 5k and make decent power. For the person that street drives and occasionally pulls or drags it will work fine. If you do go Helix make sure and talk to Don to get the right core so that there are not any broken cams or bent valve in your future. Also going to a steel billet is not a 100% garantee against a broken cam as I have seen a few. But it will decrease your chances of a fracture over a marine cam or a factory regrind.

Zach

A billet steel cam is the "stongest" or "most reliable" cam yuo can get right
Jake

That is up for debate depending on who you talk to. I don't think they are. I believe a well designed cast cam will beat a steel billet any day, except on high rpm roller cam motors.

Zach

If I go with a 5gsk, what size dilivery valves, injector lines, injectors, rack plug would u guys recommend.

What are your plans for the truck? Consider your budget, and make your expectations real. The last thing you want to do is just throw money at it. You'll end up with your cash sunk in a truck that just doesn't do what you had hoped.. Do lots of research before you buy anything. Get a game plan, or PM several people that are making the power you want to make. Most anyone here won't mind sharing their info with you. I definitely wouldn't start by buying a cam, springs, dv's, or anything else until you have a complete list of what you want as the end product.. I just don't want anyone here to waste their money and not be happy.. I've been there and done that..

This is a project that I am goin to do over time. I would like to use a CR head. Want to be a weekend truck not so much a daily drive, take to the track, seld pulls sometimes. 800hp or more no nos lookin at twin turbos too.
This is a little ways off yet, still building money and knowdelge. thankx

I've had more than a couple people tell me that it's not driving the cam that brakes them...but it's the shock of unloading them all at once that breaks them. So I make sure not to let off the throttle all at once...the p-pump at lot's of rack can take quite a few ponies to turn!

Chris

Your not gonna make power with a stock cam and a 64 mm charger. If you can get the air to it, and out of it, you can make power up there.

You can make power with a 64 and a stock cam. Just not up at that high of a rpm.

Back