5x16 injector question

Sutter1stgen

Short for my weight
Hey guys. I was wondering how you guy like you 5x16 injectors? What kind of power can they support and what was your general thought on them. Thanks for your input.

Eric

i like mine. if you want to drive it in town a whole lot you do have to be pretty gentile with the throttle or you will make a smoke cloud. how much hp they will support depends on the pump, turbos, or nitrous.

Thanks just what I wanted to know. I think I out grew my 5x12 ddps. Who did you go through for your purchase if you don't mind me asking.

Eric

i got mine from contagious diesel. its the only set of injectors I've used of his but so far they are great.

Had contagious go through my old 370s than had some 7x.010 now have 5x.016 from them. I'm happy with the ones I have now. If I ever have to go bigger ill get them from contagious.

Sent from me

Thanks guys. I know every pump is different, but would you guys happen to have any dyno numbers.

Eric

i haven't had the time nor the money to dyno my truck since I've done some major work including these injectors.

No biggie. Thanks for the input though. I laid down 330/660 this weekend at a local BBQ with 1100 on the pyro. I have some growing room. This should be fun for a next purchase.

Eric

60mm hx35 with a Hx55 underneath. I know I'll Probably outgrow these. But there's more on the shelf in the shop. Did a little talking and these spool somewhat quick n all. Which led the person I was talking to, to think that they'd work with the ve's limited fueling. Short window. Im open to your suggestions.

Eric

Had contagious go through my old 370s than had some 7x.010 now have 5x.016 from them. I'm happy with the ones I have now. If I ever have to go bigger ill get them from contagious.

Sent from me

How did you like those 7x.010s? I've heard the atomization makes them good for mileage and street applications.

How did you like those 7x.010s? I've heard the atomization makes them good for mileage and street applications.

Not trying to butt into this convo, but i have 7x.011's and they get great fuel millage, just thought id through that out there

lets just face it 7 holes in a 12v are ghey, selling gimmick

and 5x.016 will fuel more than 5x.014

i had a set of 16's, with the right setup they can be streetable, but then again some guys will street 5x.018's with an hx35

Yeah I've not heard alot of good about the 7 hole nozzles. But then again to each there own. I know people have made good power with 6 & 5 hole nozzles and I found amset of injectors for a good price. I guess I could always adjust the pump and afc to my liking in the long run. I'm just wanting to make more power, put down 330/660 with the 5x12. Now time to see how much more I can gain. Thanks for your input guys.

Eric

Still up in a debate. I found some nozzles only. I'm thinking either 5x16 or 10$ more for the 5x18. Right now we're in the middle if spring ground work for rice, so there is no free
Time to pop test. I'm leaning to go bigger like we discussed. Still taking in some input though.

6x16s. Ant they are smoky. But I'm still tuning the truck. Not much more hp and torque as my 5x12 ddp. But hopefully that will change.

Sent from me

I asked those guys for a set of big injectors but wouldnt talk to me because i wanted to stay with the ve. Wouldn't even give me a price. I'll never buy anything from them.

Back