5x18's or 5x16's

Townsend600

Strong Arm
Been toying with the truck. DDP says I'll be fine with my ddp4's I'm shooting for 750hp. I'll be running a FI S469 (be here wed) scheid 913 pump set between 500 and 550cc's CDS ported head with springs, studs, oringed, Scheid cam, mahle pistons, FASS 180. I have to be able to drive it on the street. I don't tow I just need to be able to drive it. It's my only truck other then the company ride. I would like to think 5x18's would be the better choice but I think they would be a smokey nightmare in town. Need some input. Thanks.

I don't feel my DDP4's are going to be enough injector for my new charger.

The DDP4's will be plenty of fuel to reach your 750hp goal, I was right around 700hp with an 887 Pump, DDP4's and a BD Super B Special.

Yeah but I may outreach my goal. Depending on if my new charger is all it can be. Might try for a 800hp single charger street truck.

I like my 5x.016s a lot better than my DDP4s I had before them. I am not saying you can't make you goal with the 4s but I would not go back to them after having the 5x.016s. I drive them on the street with a big single without issues. My $.02

just for reference, my ddp 4's(5x.014) made 25 hp over 370's(5x.012) and the jl 5x.016's made another 20hp over the 4's..

honestly i dont remember.. they worked well, a bit smokey for trailer towing and were pretty hot.. i personally couldn't think 5x18's would be a street friendly injector..

Been toying with the truck. DDP says I'll be fine with my ddp4's I'm shooting for 750hp. I'll be running a FI S469 (be here wed) scheid 913 pump set between 500 and 550cc's CDS ported head with springs, studs, oringed, Scheid cam, mahle pistons, FASS 180. I have to be able to drive it on the street. I don't tow I just need to be able to drive it. It's my only truck other then the company ride. I would like to think 5x18's would be the better choice but I think they would be a smokey nightmare in town. Need some input. Thanks.

I don't feel my DDP4's are going to be enough injector for my new charger.

How does your fass 180 hold pressure? I had to replace mine with a 220 it would drop below 25 at full throttle, now I can hold 50 at wot.

I have a set of sac 5x18's a gt4294 and daily drive it with no smoke issues at all. And I have a gutted afc and no fuel plate. It's all about right foot control. My injectors started out as II But I had them sent to Weston and he put some secret squirrel nuts in them. Turbo spools great with a 1.15 t6 housing. I'll be putting the gt4202 on soon though.

why run marine nozzles?
They work quite well in the 12 valve application.

Yeah but I may outreach my goal. Depending on if my new charger is all it can be. Might try for a 800hp single charger street truck.
I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe DDP could upgrade them to there Competition injector.

How does your fass 180 hold pressure? I had to replace mine with a 220 it would drop below 25 at full throttle, now I can hold 50 at wot.
What are you guys running to regulate your pressure, a Bosch OFV, TorkTek OFV, a regulator?

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm gonna use for a supply pump(most likely a FASS 220) on my '95, but I already have TorkTek's 060 and 075 OFV's to try out.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm gonna use for a supply pump(most likely a FASS 220) on my '95, but I already have TorkTek's 060 and 075 OFV's to try out.

Last year my AD 150 held 30 PSi @ WOT turning 4200 rpm down track with the normal bosch overflow. This year I added the Tork Tesh 070, results will be in a few weeks.

I have a ad165 and the tork tech 60 and it drops down to 10psi at wot so I think I'm going to try a regulator. Or a modified stocker

Make sure your filter is clean. I noticed big drops when mine was not, switched to a new filter, then no more pressure drop at all.

I'll change the filters but it's has only been on the truck for about 2 months... And it's the adjustable regulator do those have different spring pressures? Air dog sent me a kit for a 24v but I modified it to work with my truck I wonder if that's my problem

I'll change the filters but it's has only been on the truck for about 2 months... And it's the adjustable regulator do those have different spring pressures? Air dog sent me a kit for a 24v but I modified it to work with my truck I wonder if that's my problem

Yea the ford spring is what you need. Its supposed to be able to make up to 70psi, not that you need it but of course you can adjust it down to whatever you prefer. Call Chuck at New Era and he will get you fixed up.

Back