6.0 Compounds

Trusted

Out of curiosity,

How many of you are interested in Compounds (actually willing to spend the 6 to 8,000 on them)?

What is it that makes them attractive to you? Do you want the performance they offer, the towing, looks, what?

Also, what are you willing to spend on a proven set?

i am totally intrested in a set. i think the biggest thing is a complete bolt in set too. if i had the funds, i would sure like to be a tester still. i want some to cut down the lag a little and maybe i could tow again, but mostly the performance part, then the looks are an added plus. if its possible, i would like to spend around 6k for a set.

I think if you can get them down to the 5 to 6k range, alot of people would be interested. Just my opinion.

Even if you could get them to 6k I really don't see enough people buying them to make it worthwhile.

I wanted twins because I built my engine to make the power of twins...

BUT....with the money exchange right now, 6-8000K is VERY close, or even over the $10,000 mark by the time your done with exchange, duty, shipping, and other fees.

It's just not do-able anymore.

I also was interested in being able to tow heavy, and still make big power, but the cleaner the install, the better.

I am waiting for Danny to get his set-up on the dyno, and see if his would be able to tow....not sure if that is something he was interested in or not thou...

-Low, to No lag, and big power, would be the cat's-ass.:Cheer:

It seems to me you would be a little late in the game. Short run time on a engine line that most people are already bailing on. I was about a month away from starting to fab a twinset in 06 for my 6.0 but after constant issues with head gaskets and valve train I just went with a cummins swap. I honestly think after the initial rush from a few select people your sales would be stagnant. If you figure in cost of the parts to support a twinset and the twinset itself, for a unreliable 6-700hp. most people are looking at other engine options.

What would be the best scenario for us, and I do realize the issues that make this extremely difficult, but a twin set-up that incorporated the factory VGT - especially for odd balls like me that like them and have spent alot on an upgraded one, would be a sure fire seller IMO. It works on the 08's.

It seems to me you would be a little late in the game. Short run time on a engine line that most people are already bailing on. I was about a month away from starting to fab a twinset in 06 for my 6.0 but after constant issues with head gaskets and valve train I just went with a cummins swap. I honestly think after the initial rush from a few select people your sales would be stagnant. If you figure in cost of the parts to support a twinset and the twinset itself, for a unreliable 6-700hp. most people are looking at other engine options.

This is the most honest although painfull truths I think that you are gonna run across. And what Trusted is doing is great, I just don't see much more than a handfull of people centering our hobby around a 6.0 set-up in 5 years.

Did you mean something like this....

picture.php

I modeled the flange a little shorter. Now the package would be 20inches wide instead of 20 1/2. I want to see if I can make it out of billet on a 4 axis machine.

picture.php

We are about finished with the prototyping of our towing compounds

Trusted_Performance_Towing_Compounds.jpg

(numbers will be posted in a couple weeks) but are a little suppressed by the response.

We still have a lot of fine tuning to do with our Performance Compounds but we are starting to project production numbers and costs. We are kind of stuck with coming up with an accurate projection. We thought that finding the necessary amount of people interested to get our test units dialed in would have been easy. We were/are offering them at 6k and that includes changing the parts around to get them dialed in. From my understanding that is at least a thousand less than anyone and a couple thousand less than some.

So, now we are wondering where we are at in general with compounds. Should we even bother coming out with the Performance Compounds? Do we need to lay down some stupid dyno numbers to get people back interested, is the economy just that rough that the money isn't there; maybe we just missed the mark and need to redesign the layout/system.....

I know there are quite a few that have jumped ship on us and most of those are people that would have been compound buyers. The question is did you guys just leave because of lack of ability to lay down big horsepower numbers or what is the head gasket problems, what? If we introduced a few things that would make building huge horsepower easier, would the market come back to us, or would everyone still chant CUMMINS SWAP?

I think seeing the bigger numbers out of some 6.0's and them holding up just fine is going to make a bunch of folks look at the 6.0, but the economy needs to recover before folks are gonna spend 5-8K on their truck.

its not just about laying a big number down on the dyno it comes down to the fact is it gonna be reliable..the 6.0 has alot of shortfalls..reliability being a major one..

when you talk about twin being 6k..thats an ok price..but thats just for the turbos..the you have to deal with EGR delete, studs, headgaskets, fuel injectors..then with the fuel injectors you need a fuel system,,then you would want a larger IC..and this is all just to run the $6k twins..so those 6k twin are now over 11k dollars just to get them functional not to mention all the time tuning nor installation of said parts....with this economy the buyers for this are gonna be few and far between.

I'm gonna go with "If you build it, they will come."

That is what we originally thought and are still thinking. But when you try to project or rather guarantee your vendors X amount of sales; it is hard to put a number on “build and they will come”

its not just about laying a big number down on the dyno it comes down to the fact is it gonna be reliable..the 6.0 has alot of shortfalls..reliability being a major one..

when you talk about twin being 6k..thats an ok price..but thats just for the turbos..the you have to deal with EGR delete, studs, headgaskets, fuel injectors..then with the fuel injectors you need a fuel system,,then you would want a larger IC..and this is all just to run the $6k twins..so those 6k twin are now over 11k dollars just to get them functional not to mention all the time tuning nor installation of said parts....with this economy the buyers for this are gonna be few and far between.

Good point.

I think the market is there for tow twins. I know of a few guys local that are looking for a set

If i could afford it i'd get a set of twins, but by no means would i want to install them...i'd rather have someone else who knows what they're doing install them for me.

Back