6.0 ficm quesrion

Fox_91

Stihl Slinger
Friend has a 03 I believe 6.0, ficm took a dump. Dealer tells him truck will need reflashed and other things. Can he buy a FICM and do work in his garage and drive it out or does it actually need to be re flashed ?

I bought a Swamps "hot" 58 volt, and it was a drop in deal. I dont know if swapping stock ficms would be any diffrent

Swamps and be done with it.
They can get you hooked up with their upgraded unifs at different levels. Good stuff

So what's with the 4 pin or 7 pin? My FICM in my '07 decided to die so I would like to steal the one off my '03 if that's possible.

all remanufactured ford ficms ar 4 pin they stopped manufacturing 7 pins 10 years ago. all ford ficms come programmed may or may not be correct programming for your application. ficm software must match pcm software if your pcm is at latest calibration ford ficm is plug and play if not it will need programed. stay away from "rebuilt /repaired ficms they are basically resoilder job" ALL ficms fail! I personally like swamps 7.3 injectors but their ficms suck i have seen probably a dozen bad ones. new ford ones will last probably as long as the original keep that in mind resoilder jobs are cheap they may or may not last i have seen both good and bad 49 dollar ebay special last 5-6 years and seen them last 2 weeks by same person. 03 should be seven pin if original so half shell from ford or international is out of question. Bullet proof diesel has 1\2 shell i have only ever seen one fail kind of pricey. dorman power boards are also trash total waist of time and money, I don't think they have seven pin anyway. Don't get caught up in the hipe of higher voltage. a good 48 runs just as good as hot 58v. Way to many people compare bad ficm to new high voltage unit. good vs bad is night and day. if you compare new 48 to new 58 i could never tell a difference

Back