6.0 Fuel in Oil!!

Well Yall, this is what my ford tech came up with..........

chk out veh.... needs enj assy
exesv blow by
#1 #3 cyl 10 perc low compression
#7 #8 power balance - 20 perc
veh has high pres oil leak or bad IPR

Thats it in a nut shell..... could someone put this into perspective for me?

Its a relative compression test and should be followed up with a real compression test. Now just to say it out loud. You do NOT do a wet compression test on a diesel. If you have to ask why. Smack yourself with a hammer. The power balance should be done after an overnight cold soak. When its started in the morning. Disable cold fueling compensation to get more accuracy. If the tech looks at you funny when you mention cold fuel compensation. Smack him with the hammer. I noticed you did not get a pressure reading from the magnahelic gauge I asked for earlier using the 6.0 specific crankcase tool. You lose 10 points for this round. Please provide the spec from the book and what the engine is actually at instead of the technicians illiterate remarks of CHK OUT VEH. I guess that means check out vehicle. Needs ENJ ASSY. I guess that means Engine Assembly. Just look at him and explain that you paid a certain amount of money and want him to spell out the complete word. Bonus points if you call him a retard to his face.

was running late for work.... got called in for a night shift..... stopped by the stealership to get some stuff out of my truck.... that bunch of garble is what the service guy handed me...of course I didnt have time to jack with them at this point....pretty much figured it was a waste of time......and yea I short handed his report just as i got it..... got about the same response from me when i saw it......except for actally knowing what the hell the test represented.... I was just kinda going WTF!!!!!!!! Wheres all my diagnostics I paid for....

Its a relative compression test and should be followed up with a real compression test. Now just to say it out loud. You do NOT do a wet compression test on a diesel. If you have to ask why. Smack yourself with a hammer. The power balance should be done after an overnight cold soak. When its started in the morning. Disable cold fueling compensation to get more accuracy. If the tech looks at you funny when you mention cold fuel compensation. Smack him with the hammer. I noticed you did not get a pressure reading from the magnahelic gauge I asked for earlier using the 6.0 specific crankcase tool. You lose 10 points for this round. Please provide the spec from the book and what the engine is actually at instead of the technicians illiterate remarks of CHK OUT VEH. I guess that means check out vehicle. Needs ENJ ASSY. I guess that means Engine Assembly. Just look at him and explain that you paid a certain amount of money and want him to spell out the complete word. Bonus points if you call him a retard to his face.

LOL...only use rocket fuel for the wet compression test in a diesel. :ft:

which means yopuare ****ed lmao

Your right:hehe::hehe: dont know what the hell happened just yet....just pulled a valve cover today...looks like cracks on my valve bridges though.. will dig a little further this weekend.... motor is toast ... Back to the drawing board

Cleveland is only an hour or so from me. If you need help holding a flashlight and drinking your beer let me know. I might even help turn a wrench or two. Also, if you need someone to take those wheels off your hands, let me know.
:Cheer:

Cleveland is only an hour or so from me. If you need help holding a flashlight and drinking your beer let me know. I might even help turn a wrench or two. Also, if you need someone to take those wheels off your hands, let me know.
:Cheer:

:rockwoot::Cheer: Hell yea.... um I think thats what happened to my last engine....too much cold beer... not enough flash light:hehe:

Wow. Tell him to go dig the tool kit out from the back. There is a stand pipe that screws into the oil filler neck. Then get the magnahelic gauge and get a crankcase pressure reading. It's NOT the same tool as the 7.3L. Repeat they are NOT interchangable. If it has more pressure than spec, then worry about the block. If he doesn't know what tools I'm talking about. Find another dealer. Also mention he is retarded and feel free to kick him in the nuts.

What is the maximum acceptable crankcase pressure?

Less than 15 mm Hg (8 H2 O). Thats with the gauge tool on the oil fill tube. And the crankcase breather plugged and the engine revved to 3,000 rpm.

I got a feva...and it only cura is mowa cowbell...

One of the best snl skits..lol

Back