6.0 Performance Compounds

Trusted

Hey Guys, Chris posted a few photos and a little info over in the Performance and Competition area (trusted compounds - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together ), but I know a lot of us don’t look there for info. Below is a before and after photo of his truck before we installed what would be considered our Performance Compounds.

This is a 62mm high pressure paired with a 75mm low pressure. All of the exhaust is ceramic coated and the cold side is powder coated. The production kits will be blue with black boots on the cold side but the hot side will look the same. What are you guys thoughts on the layout of this kit. We have made a few changes from the previous kits that we were building. The revisions help to tighten up packaging, give off a factory look, adds a little performance, but costs a little more.

Before
attachment.php

After
attachment.php

Old Kit (different chargers)
Trusted_Performance_Towing_Compounds.jpg

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Put that stuff in a box and ship it already.....:poke:

LOL

I like the new setup with the different hot pipe.

looks like a great kit, but it does make that small engine compartment look even smaller

Put that stuff in a box and ship it already.....:poke:

LOL

I like the new setup with the different hot pipe.

We are waiting on the new housing for you, me and one other customer. They should be showing up March 1st. After some initial testing, hopefully we will be starting your kit middle to late next month.

Glad you like the new pipe.

looks like a great kit, but it does make that small engine compartment look even smaller

Yeah, the low pressure charger has a t-6 1.32 turbine housing. So, that is a very large turbo for the valley. It isn't too bad to work on, but it does require this and that to be removed before really getting anything done.

Kit looks great Andy. I see the alternator was relocated. Is the factory belt still used?

Kit looks great Andy. I see the alternator was relocated. Is the factory belt still used?

No. They used the factory dual alternator setup as a single alternator like my truck is setup so the alternator runs off its own belt and pulleys and you have to run alot shorter main belt to compensate for not have the stock top alternator in the equation. I've run this setup for 2 years on my truck with no issues.

If the alt runs off it's own belt, do you need a different harmonic balancer? (The one for dual atlernators?)
Is it a stock Ford belt? (The short belt?)

If the alt runs off it's own belt, do you need a different harmonic balancer? (The one for dual atlernators?)
Is it a stock Ford belt? (The short belt?)

Stock harmonic balancer with additional pulley bolted onto it for alternator belt, and yes stock ford belt and pulleys to run it. And adding this setup is very expensive too I found when me and Shawn built my setup a couple years ago.

looks goodand clean...... the kind of work expected from you guys

-- kinda hard to compare when the old set has HUGE turbos

Stock harmonic balancer with additional pulley bolted onto it for alternator belt, and yes stock ford belt and pulleys to run it. And adding this setup is very expensive too I found when me and Shawn built my setup a couple years ago.

I heard it may be close to $1000.00 to change to the dual alt setup...

Is that right, or just horse crap?

looks goodand clean...... the kind of work expected from you guys

-- kinda hard to compare when the old set has HUGE turbos

The old set has a smaller atmospheric turbo on it.
It may just be the blanket around it. I believe it is a T-4, not a T-6 like the new setup.
It is also zoomed in a little more, making them look bigger in the older setup.

I heard it may be close to $1000.00 to change to the dual alt setup...

Is that right, or just horse crap?

yeah I think it might have even cost me more than 1000 bucks when I did mine. Its pricey crap.

You need to buy the alternator, two or three pulleys, tensioner, belt, the pulley on harmonic ballancer and alternator mounting bracket.

The production kit will only use one idler pulley, one tensioner, alternator and one bracket. We think we can get the kit down in cost but the pre-production kits are quite expensive.

In addition to the alternator kit, we do modify the intake manifold; clean it and ceramic coat it. The Passengers side valve cover is also modified. We move the fill so changing the oil isn’t a big pain in the butt.

We are waiting on the new housing for you, me and one other customer. They should be showing up March 1st. After some initial testing, hopefully we will be starting your kit middle to late next month.

Glad you like the new pipe.

if the singles came out in March it would make a great way to explain this as a birthday present from the wife to me, making couch time minimal for me:hehe:.

By the way the twins look good on there, nice clean setup. Can't wait to see some #s and video as things move forward:rockwoot:

Looks good,nice and clean. One of the few kits that's install with cab down. Everyone is gonna want to see some big hp numbers. What everyone has to remember is just cause you have twins doesn't mean your chasing 800 plus. Some guys are looking for 550-650 that is streetable and can tow with. Drivability is the biggest push for twins on a 6leaker as far as I'm concerned. Numbers will only be as big as guys put in for injectors. Nice build. Keep us posted

Back