6.0 Technicooler boot issue

tmacie

Geen but Sooty
Hi All,
A good friend of mine bought a 6.0 with the Banks Technicooler installed previously. This is the one with the first version piping. The boot that connects the piping and turbo is ripped. Banks says there is a retrofit kit for it but they are on backorder. Does any one know where I can get another 3.5" to 2.5" 45 deg. coupler to temprarily solve the issue, or anyone know where a retrofit kit is in stock?

Thanks,
Travis

I couldn't find the sizing, where did you see that they are not the right size?

I'm in the same boat...but mine is still holding, but everytime I pull the discharge tube off, it's looking weaker every time.

Hope there is an aftermarket boot out there somewhere for us...

Break out the welder. It will be easier to do it yourself since the updated banks tube doesn't always fit quite right.

As for the links and sizing, the first link has a chart and im a cummins guy for the second link, I know it wont fit.

Break out the welder. It will be easier to do it yourself since the updated banks tube doesn't always fit quite right.

I take it you've seen quite a few not fit right? What adjsutments do you reccomend making with the welder?

Thanks,
Travis

Their pipe is a little short and the way they taper the 3.5 to 2.5 has it really close to the back of the alternator.

Ahh ok. thanks for the info....ill have to take a closer look tomorrow, check out my options.

We use Mr. Bobs Boots on all of our stuff. They are a little spendy but we have made 125 PSI on Chris' Dodge Never Blown off or Blown Up. I have them on my 6.0 and he makes a replacement kit for the Banks Kit or Stock. P.M. Me if you want about more information.

I may have jumped the gun a little I didn't know that banks had a early edition of that system. I spoke to Mr. BOB and he is willing to make a tool up and make a boot for that kit but he needs one or the correct dimensions and angle of the boot to make a replacement one. He will not separate kits so be prepared to buy a complete intercooler boot kit when he does come out with it.

All of Mr. Bobs Boots are Blue Check Out His Site. I still need measurements for him to build them if any one has one to send him that would even be better.

I have mine pulled off right now.
Taking measurements, and pictures for you.
I can't send it to him, cuz I need my truck.

Send me your E-mail addy, and I can send this info to ya.

PS: I called you today, Saturday, but you were not at the shop.

My Banks intercooler pipe has the neck down fabricated into it.

Attachments

• img079.jpg
    img079.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 36
Yeah, that's the newer version.
The older versions had a 3.5" inlet and outlet, and used a special boot...then people started to blow the boots apart, so they changed them to a simple 2.5" boot/sleeve...

I have the original boot that is blown. I can send it wherever I need to. get me the address and ill get it out this week. I have the original set up chromed and had to buy the retrofit kit to get my truck back on the road. I wasn't happy about them not selling the original boot and charging me almost $300 after next day air. if I can prevent this from happening to anybody else.... great! plus I need a mr bobs set anyways. so let get it done. send me the address

I have mine pulled off right now.
Taking measurements, and pictures for you.
I can't send it to him, cuz I need my truck.

Send me your E-mail addy, and I can send this info to ya.

PS: I called you today, Saturday, but you were not at the shop.

Sorry we had a dyno tune day and I didn't catch all of the calls. Try again.

Back