6.0 Technicooler boot issue

I put mine on today when I installed the intercooler. My ITP reg rtn and alternator area push in on it a bit. Additionally I had to bend the u shaped mount on my coolant filter so it did not bump on the boost tube. I have driven about 30 miles since installing and it seems good to go. I cut 3/4"-1" off each end of the 2.5"-3.5" boot as there was too much tube. The tubes/intercooler/elbow boots did not line up as well as I thought they would have...in my opinion. Will let you know if I have any issues with the boots.

edit- If someone who has one of the original banks 2.5-3.5 boots and gets one of silconeintakes.com's boots could you take a side by side pic so I can see how much really needs to get cut off. Thx

One more thing it was very difficult to get the Airaid intake tube into the back of the "box" because the box rubs on the cold side tube and you have to lift the battery box/airaid mount 1/2" to clear the tube

jonny steals,
in the pic it looks like the clamp started a cut and it burst from there. is that what happened or did it just let go?

Back