6.2 Turbo Conversion

MOcummins-boy

To start off the project truck is an 81' GMC Sierra Classic RC LB 1-ton with an 83' 6.2l diesel that my dad put in the truck in place of the original big block. He had the engine decked before he dropped it in, this is the only thing done to the engine. Yesterday i just picked up a 93' 6.5 engine that i found on craigs list for $500, he also threw in an AD 100 and 2 more sets of bosch injectors. Now the engine was startin to smoke white but that doesnt pose a problem cause im just pullin the turbo and all the manifolds. I plan on having the bosch injectors pop tested and hopefully have 8 good ones outa the 16. before i start the swap this summer i hope to get some more parts such as-head studs, main girdle, turbo master waste gate, AFE intake, prolly more i just dont remember. The only problem i fore see is the turbo oil supply and return. If any one has any pointers or ideas from past experiences id sure appreciate it. Im always open to knowledge. :Cheer:

im sure im not the first to attempt this, im open to anything.
Update- shipped the extra 15 injectors off today to get em pop tested, hopefully ill have 8 good ones to use.
Also forgot i wanna change the timing chain for a gear setup made by the Diesel Service Group and put in some autometer gauges to keep track of vitals, boost, pyro, and fuel pressure.

No offence to this site but there is a ton of following on this motor on thetruckstop.com the entire site in comprised of 6.2 6.5 guys

Back