6.4 makes over 800hp

So is Ford using the same suppliers on the new 6.7 for the injectors and pump as international did for the 6.4?

I have no earthly idea why you guys aren't dropping a big ass single on one of those and spinning it up to 4000+ and making stupid power on fuel.

The drive pressure is killing you.

Then you could add a first stage and have even more fun. Those piezo injectors are going to turn some rpm. Get the valvetrain fixed, get those bs stock chargers out of the way and quit F'ing around guys.

lol.

Guys with Daily drivers aren't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the purpose built trucks getting trailered around. For God's sake, stop dicking around and get some air to those engines and let the exhaust the hell on out.

GT42 or GT45 and I think 700 to 800ish on fuel will just magically be commonplace.

Sorry..... just gettin frustrated with all the dicking around with stock chargers.

Did I mention awesome pull?

So is Ford using the same suppliers on the new 6.7 for the injectors and pump as international did for the 6.4?
no bosch will be the supplier on the new ones.
I have no earthly idea why you guys aren't dropping a big ass single on one of those and spinning it up to 4000+ and making stupid power on fuel.

The drive pressure is killing you.

Then you could add a first stage and have even more fun. Those piezo injectors are going to turn some rpm. Get the valvetrain fixed, get those bs stock chargers out of the way and quit F'ing around guys.

lol.

Guys with Daily drivers aren't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the purpose built trucks getting trailered around. For God's sake, stop dicking around and get some air to those engines and let the exhaust the hell on out.

GT42 or GT45 and I think 700 to 800ish on fuel will just magically be commonplace.

Sorry..... just gettin frustrated with all the dicking around with stock chargers.

Did I mention awesome pull?

Charles the single turbo on my truck has been working nicely so far, extreme drop in drive pressure, i actually see less than 1:1 currently. gt4294, as soon as a find the limits of this turbo, i will jump to a gt4202

Part of the problem is no one makes upgraded rockers for these trucks, they make chromemoly push rods, but nothing in the rocker department, and any truck that has seen over 4k has rocker issues later. I would LOVE to have a set up that would let me rev to 4500, as well as a couple of fuel pumps would help too.

but you right more need to get air to these things and get the drive pressures down, I bet huge gains will be made, hell as far as i know im the only one with a single turbo, and im just a little pee-on, daily driver 6.4

no bosch will be the supplier on the new ones.

Charles the single turbo on my truck has been working nicely so far, extreme drop in drive pressure, i actually see less than 1:1 currently. gt4294, as soon as a find the limits of this turbo, i will jump to a gt4202

Part of the problem is no one makes upgraded rockers for these trucks, they make chromemoly push rods, but nothing in the rocker department, and any truck that has seen over 4k has rocker issues later. I would LOVE to have a set up that would let me rev to 4500, as well as a couple of fuel pumps would help too.

but you right more need to get air to these things and get the drive pressures down, I bet huge gains will be made, hell as far as i know im the only one with a single turbo, and im just a little pee-on, daily driver 6.4

Damn, I had no idea anybody was running a single. Good on you. Although as you said, that 4294 isn't all that grand, yet with the injection pressures you've got to work with the potential is still there for good power.

Can any of you run like a 10 thou nozzle? You guys still 7 hole, or 6 or what? I've counted them in the past but can't remember now.

You need more nozzle, the ability to keep up with said nozzle, plenty of air to go around and the ability to crank out 4000 or so odd rpm without sending valvetrain through the hood liner and you're talking over 1000hp on fuel.

It just seems like it's taking forever to get common sh*t going on a platform that appears to have so much potential.

Damn, I had no idea anybody was running a single. Good on you. Although as you said, that 4294 isn't all that grand, yet with the injection pressures you've got to work with the potential is still there for good power.

Can any of you run like a 10 thou nozzle? You guys still 7 hole, or 6 or what? I've counted them in the past but can't remember now.

You need more nozzle, the ability to keep up with said nozzle, plenty of air to go around and the ability to crank out 4000 or so odd rpm without sending valvetrain through the hood liner and you're talking over 1000hp on fuel.

It just seems like it's taking forever to get common sh*t going on a platform that appears to have so much potential.

i'm guessing the majority of people are content with 700+ on nitrous (and in some cases 800+) with a pretty much bone stock truck..... just curious, how long did it take for the 6.0 to start getting different parts? like larger injectors, new turbos, rods, etc etc

i'm guessing the majority of people are content with 700+ on nitrous (and in some cases 800+) with a pretty much bone stock truck..... just curious, how long did it take for the 6.0 to start getting different parts? like larger injectors, new turbos, rods, etc etc

"Getting" things???

You take the nozzles off, call Jim at EH and say Jim.... take this up ___% and send em back.... done....

You call up your local turbo supplier and say I need model number GT4202 with a ___A/R housing.... you try it and move on from there.

Rods???

Why cross that bridge when there appears to be no reason?

As I said, for the DD guys, this doesn't apply. For the purpose built trucks.... tear all that bs off the engine and get down to brass tacks here...

You've got _______ psi to work with, now start playing with nozzle hole diameter vs feed line size vs pump number so on and so forth.

With the hardware modifications extending as far as people running "60hp" nozzles I'm just shocked that it's taking so long for someone to apply the same old sh*t to a high pressure CR system with an apparently sound bottom end by getting copius amounts of fuel delivery at those kinds of pressures. The injector internal passageways appear to be solid.

Anybody else tired of "basically stock trucks" and ready to see some lowered compression trucks running big compounds making 80+lbs of boost on 80ish lbs of drive with some nozzles capable of dumping 1000hp of fuel in a millisecond or so?

Keep the fuel out of them down low and those stock rods ought to hold well over 1000 without issue based on what they're taking now.

Sounds like if somebody wants to build something it should be a set of rockers and a decent compound setup.

"Getting" things???

You take the nozzles off, call Jim at EH and say Jim.... take this up ___% and send em back.... done....

You call up your local turbo supplier and say I need model number GT4202 with a ___A/R housing.... you try it and move on from there.

Rods???

Why cross that bridge when there appears to be no reason?

As I said, for the DD guys, this doesn't apply. For the purpose built trucks.... tear all that bs off the engine and get down to brass tacks here...

You've got _______ psi to work with, now start playing with nozzle hole diameter vs feed line size vs pump number so on and so forth.

With the hardware modifications extending as far as people running "60hp" nozzles I'm just shocked that it's taking so long for someone to apply the same old sh*t to a high pressure CR system with an apparently sound bottom end by getting copius amounts of fuel delivery at those kinds of pressures. The injector internal passageways appear to be solid.

Anybody else tired of "basically stock trucks" and ready to see some lowered compression trucks running big compounds making 80+lbs of boost on 80ish lbs of drive with some nozzles capable of dumping 1000hp of fuel in a millisecond or so?

Keep the fuel out of them down low and those stock rods ought to hold well over 1000 without issue based on what they're taking now.

Sounds like if somebody wants to build something it should be a set of rockers and a decent compound setup.

Why don't you get off your ass and buy a 6.4 and do it your self.

:shake: <---- kiss mine while your up too LOL

Why don't you get off your ass and buy a 6.4 and do it your self.

:shake: <---- kiss mine while your up too LOL

I'm not the one with the money/time for a dedicated play truck to go drag racing with...

However, if I found myself in those shoes I'd be ripping useless bs off the top of that engine about as fast as I could get the hood out of the way.

So you're not completely shocked that the most hardcore thing done so far is spray, "60hp" injectors and modified stock chargers????

I mean come the fuk on...

That's sitting on a gold mine and just dicking around IMO.

I'm not the one with the money/time for a dedicated play truck to go drag racing with...

However, if I found myself in those shoes I'd be ripping useless bs off the top of that engine about as fast as I could get the hood out of the way.

So you're not completely shocked that the most hardcore thing done so far is spray, "60hp" injectors and modified stock chargers????

I mean come the fuk on...

That's sitting on a gold mine and just dicking around IMO.

Not shocked. Ford diesels have never progressed fast, nor where they ever fast on the track either. LOL

A friend of mine has a 6.4. Just to get a real wastegate on it you have to pull the cab so you can get both banks included in the gate. That's his hold up to get past a measly 500hp with out spray. The majority of the problem and slowness is the packaging of the truck it self and the time and labor it takes just to replace a $5 part. V8 diesel. pfffft dumb idea. :)

The other factor with my friend (who has chit loads of money for this crap) is the new 6.7 just a few years after the 6.4 came out. the 6.4 market is never going to be big because of yet another motor change in the coming years. He's not going out and buying crap just to turn around and trade in for a 6.7. Hopefully the 6.7 sticks around for more then 2 years. right?

Comes down to it it's economics, not ability.

Not shocked. Ford diesels have never progressed fast, nor where they ever fast on the track either. LOL

A friend of mine has a 6.4. Just to get a real wastegate on it you have to pull the cab so you can get both banks included in the gate. That's his hold up to get past a measly 500hp with out spray. The majority of the problem and slowness is the packaging of the truck it self and the time and labor it takes just to replace a $5 part. V8 diesel. pfffft dumb idea. :)

The other factor with my friend (who has chit loads of money for this crap) is the new 6.7 just a few years after the 6.4 came out. the 6.4 market is never going to be big because of yet another motor change in the coming years. He's not going out and buying crap just to turn around and trade in for a 6.7. Hopefully the 6.7 sticks around for more then 2 years. right?

if he cant get over 500 without spray he's doing something wrong.

Garrett

Cab doesnt have to come off, i dont know who told you that, I did my entire turbo set up cab on, you get a couple peices off and there is actually alot more room than it looks like, yes your mighty cummings is easier to work on but cmon guy.

The 6.4 will still have parts, who knows what the 6.7 will do? It may fail, it may not, but they still make 24v parts dont they? so that being said im not worried about it.

Here is a link to my single turbo thread Single turbo 6.4 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

if he cant get over 500 without spray he's doing something wrong.

Garrett

I should of said, much past 500. it's like 504 or something.

Cab doesnt have to come off, i dont know who told you that, I did my entire turbo set up cab on, you get a couple peices off and there is actually alot more room than it looks like, yes your mighty cummings is easier to work on but cmon guy.

The 6.4 will still have parts, who knows what the 6.7 will do? It may fail, it may not, but they still make 24v parts dont they? so that being said im not worried about it.

Here is a link to my single turbo thread Single turbo 6.4 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Well, typical Ford owner told me so, so it much be true. I can't argue as i don't have one, nor care much.

24v had a 3-4 year run..... I suppose. what ever, no real VP goes that fast anymore anyways ;-)

That's what it comes down to for guys that aren't choosing to dick with them, myself included...

However....

My comments were in reference to the ones who were dicking around with them. For those guys with purpose built trucks I can't help but wonder WTF?

Rip all that sh*t out of the way, get a good charger setup on there and some good fuel flow and stop dicking around.

And as much as your tone is negative about that engine, you and yours running any version of the light cummins ever offered cannot even remotely touch the power output shown by that 6.4 while running similar modifications, so get a grip on that when you get a chance.

My point is that the platform shows incredible promise, yet there seems to be a lot of dicking around going on when it comes to actually doing something other than hitting yes, yes, no yes, no on a freakin programmer, changing an air filter and hitting the spray.

It's about damn time for some real nozzles, lines, rails and pumps to support them, decent chargers, not modified stock junk and some real power out of those things.

Then I can enjoy watching guys like you trying to talk sh*t about the stock rodded 1000+hp ferds....

How long has it been now? 3 years?

How long does it take to remove all the sh*t from under the hood and have the PCM happy about it? A week? How long does it take to have some 100% over nozzles back from EH? Another week? How long to work out pump configuration and line sizes through trial and error? Few months?

Guess I'm tired of seeing a engine that does 570 on fuel with a fuking air filter and DPF delete still doing 570 on fuel 3 years later.....

Come the F on.....

That's my point. There is nothing special about the damn thing in terms of getting some chargers on it and getting some nozzle work done. Yet it's not happening that I can tell.

DD guys, not the point. I'm talking about guys who took a brand new truck and tore the sh*t out of it to go drag racing. Once a truck is being treated that way, what's the hold up?

That's what it comes down to for guys that aren't choosing to dick with them, myself included...

However....

My comments were in reference to the ones who were dicking around with them. For those guys with purpose built trucks I can't help but wonder WTF?

Rip all that sh*t out of the way, get a good charger setup on there and some good fuel flow and stop dicking around.

And as much as your tone is negative about that engine, you and yours running any version of the light cummins ever offered cannot even remotely touch the power output shown by that 6.4 while running similar modifications, so get a grip on that when you get a chance.

My point is that the platform shows incredible promise, yet there seems to be a lot of dicking around going on when it comes to actually doing something other than hitting yes, yes, no yes, no on a freakin programmer, changing an air filter and hitting the spray.

It's about damn time for some real nozzles, lines, rails and pumps to support them, decent chargers, not modified stock junk and some real power out of those things.

Then I can enjoy watching guys like you trying to talk sh*t about the stock rodded 1000+hp ferds....

How long does it take to remove all the sh*t from under the hood and have the PCM happy about it? A week? How long does it take to have some 100% over nozzles back from EH? Another week? How long to work out pump configuration and line sizes through trial and error? Few months?

Guess I'm tired of seeing a engine that does 570 on fuel with a fuking air filter and DPF delete still doing 570 on fuel 3 years later.....

Come the F on.....

That's my point. There is nothing special about the damn thing in terms of getting some chargers on it and getting some nozzle work done. Yet it's not happening that I can tell.

DD guys, not the point. I'm talking about guys who took a brand new truck and tore the sh*t out of it to go drag racing. Once a truck is being treated that way, what's the hold up?

:blahblah1:

LOL

I should of said, much past 500. it's like 504 or something.

Well, typical Ford owner told me so, so it much be true. I can't argue as i don't have one, nor care much.

24v had a 3-4 year run..... I suppose. what ever, no real VP goes that fast anymore anyways ;-)

same production run.... my truck was built 03/07 and there are still trucks being built.... what is a typical ford owner to you?

However....

Come the F on.....

I have to agree, which is part of the reason i took my own initiative to do something on my own about the air thing. And so far its working, i dont have numbers to back anything up but im hoping for 615 with nothing more than a tuner and turbo...

same production run.... my truck was built 03/07 and there are still trucks being built.... what is a typical ford owner to you?

spouting crap off like every other dodge and chevy guy, but I've run across more ford tards. that's all.

I just saw this post.

Most arent telling specs on the nozzles, they are just giving HP numbers with them, stock pumps keep up with stock injectors, modded pumps keep up with 60hp nozzles, they make 110s and 150's but there really isnt a pump right now that will keep the atomization up with the nozzles, so no one is really running them. Elite is supposed to have some dual fuelers soon, that should really help. As i stated earlier in the thread, there is a limit to what i single pump can do, without getting into heavy pump modifications, so dual fuelers looks to be the answer.

Rudys drag truck did 10.66 on stock injectors, with Elites modded HPFP, stock turbos, I dont even think the truck had a wastegate. HP calculator says that it makes 912 or something like that, course that was with a boat load of nitrous, that being said even a stock injectored truck will really benifit from a GOOD flowing turbo(s)

Back