6.7 build

Vpcummins99

Looking to start building my truck a little. It's a 2008 i currently have the h&s with mcc tuning by Ryan Miliken. I'm wanting to do a small build on it, first of all my goal is to make a reliable daily driven truck. That being said I am in the process of getting a suncoast built 68rfe comp trans to replace my stock one aswell as starting off with a set of 100hp nozzles.

Looking for opinions on what other things I should invest in like head studs a drivable turbo that isn't super laggy.

Also looking for opinions on tuning. I have the h&s so I would like to stick with that for right now. I know efi can be better but I'd like to start with the h&s.

Now keep in mind while doing this I am going to do this right but am sticking to a budget. Anyone with input or any good used parts I am game and it's very appreciated.

A lot of guys are going with an s400 series turbo on a 6.7 and liking it. (I can't speak from experience)

It won't be cheap if you want to do it right lol

Getting ready to go through it myself. Now to decide between 465 or 467.

It just depends what you do with the truck. If you don't plan on any fuel mods, and/or like to tow heavy then 465. If you want to step up your fuelling at some point then I'd do a 467. If it's purely a dd/hotrod then go bigger. 475-480 are nice

I was leaning towards the 465 for the high elevation and towing aspect. I will be adding fuel as well.

i love my 467, all stock fueling just efi, tows like a dream. even has a loose 1.10 A/R housing on it...

Seems like everyone loves the one they have the most. And the people that have tried both prefer the 465. My logical side says the smaller of the two, yet my power hungry side...

I've tried both a 467, and a 480. While the 80 lags a lot more than the 467 I still prefer the big charger due to how much harder it hits in the top end

I have an s472 on mine and its been fantastic. Next to no lag at all. Id say it lights about as fast as my vgt did.

It just depends what you do with the truck. If you don't plan on any fuel mods, and/or like to tow heavy then 465. If you want to step up your fuelling at some point then I'd do a 467. If it's purely a dd/hotrod then go bigger. 475-480 are nice

I've tried both a 467, and a 480. While the 80 lags a lot more than the 467 I still prefer the big charger due to how much harder it hits in the top end

Haven't you been running a both of these turbos with stock fuel...

You should practice what you preach before giving advice on something you don't have first hand experience on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why you quoted that second post then. That's just been my experience with the 2 turbos on the same fuelling, and what you highlighted in red is exactly what I did. I plan on upgrading my fuelling, so I went with the bigger one. I'd like more fuel, but it just isn't in the cards right now

Don't give an opinion on extra fuel if you've never done it.

Sooo you disagree that more fuel will make a 467,475,480 run better?

My point is the kid has never had any first hand experience running a bigger injector on any of these turbos. Take all the advice you want from him.?

And where was I giving actual injector advice? All I was saying was my experience with bigger turbos, and stock injectors. Which is what most of will do unless we've got the money to do both at the same time.

And where was I giving actual injector advice? All I was saying was my experience with bigger turbos, and stock injectors. Which is what most of will do unless we've got the money to do both at the same time.

I'm not just talking about just this thread goof. If you don't have actual experience running extra fuel don't give it. Forgot to mention that your 480 surges like a mofo on stock fuel... Kids like you confuse people like the original person giving advice, but hey the Internet is full of keyboard tuff guys and genius's.

I'm not just talking about just this thread goof. If you don't have actual experience running extra fuel don't give it. Forgot to mention that your 480 surges like a mofo on stock fuel... Kids like you confuse people like the original person giving advice, but hey the Internet is full of keyboard tuff guys and genius's.

I'm failing at seeing what worthy input you have had in this thread? Trying to argue with someone, yet you haven't given the op any advice? :what:

Back