6.7 core complete

matty169

63k miles
valve cover to oil pan. Includes injectors, rails, lines, balancer, CP3, rear cover, sensors. No flex plate, turbo or computer. Has NOT been apart. Truck had slight miss and shop told him he needed a motor. I got it from that shop, which has been in business here for about 20-25 years. He claims a piston is shot. 2007.5 truck
Its on a pallet now.
$1500 NOT shipped. I can get it shipped pretty cheap.

SOLD......Please delete or close.
Got-torque was first guys. Sorry to the rest. If I come across more I will post them. I come across them relatively regular. Thanks

OLBLUE, your kinda local. I will try to get another here shortly.

Last edited:
Got Torque, you ever gonna' make it right with me on the 4bt deal?

Mark.

I'm close too. Keep me posted if you find a 6.7 again.

Still waiting on them to sell another good engine so I get the core. They had a fire and burned down the core building to the ground.

It's been 8 months now with no 6.7 engine at my door, at this point I'd just like a refund. PM sent as well.

Still waiting on them to sell another good engine so I get the core. They had a fire and burned down the core building to the ground.
Am I reading this correctly, you sold an engine you didn't have possession of?

The answer options are either Yes or No, none of that other horse **** my 10 year old gives me.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I was hoping this would get resolved before airing it out but here is the backstory:

He sold me a complete 6.7 core and it was supposed to be shipped from a local business that he deals with. I gave him an address of a local friend of mine that has a fork lift and is there during the day. A 5.9 CR engine missing all kinds of parts showed up on a pallet. My buddy doesn't know the difference and signs for it. It was wrapped in plastic. I brought it home and started to unload/unwrap it and realized it wasn't a 6.7 at that point. I set it on an engine stand and took pictures and texted him asking what is going on. He wasn't the guy that shipped it so he had to ask the business he dealt with if they sent the right engine or not. Bay Auto Parts (business that shipped it apparently) called me a liar and said they know 100% that a 6.7 engine was shipped to me.

Luckily for me there was a phone number marked into the ECM plate of the engine that was shipped to me (If lost call XXX-XXX-XXXX). I called it and spoke with a gentlemen in MO that had all the records on the engine and the exact date/time it was shipped to Bay Auto Parts in WI as a core. I forward this info to matty169 and then Bay Auto Parts finally admits that I got the wrong engine and my 6.7 was shipped to someone else and they can't get it back.

Me being the nice guy I am, said no problem ship me a 6.7 and get this 5.9 picked back up. I'm in no huge hurry I just want it made right. A few months go by, no word. Apparently Bay Auto Parts had a big fire and burnt the warehouse down. I wait a few more months, would like it resolved. No word.

A couple more 4 months go by, no word.

I no longer need a 6.7 at this point and would just like my money back. I have no use for this core 5.9 and it is just taking up space.

Funny thing is, I called Bay Auto Parts directly last week and asked about a 6.7 cummins. They have a complete 6.7 core ready to ship.... WTF

Need some answers Matt...

So dude in MO sells it to Bay, someone pays shipping, Bay sells it to matty169, who sells it to you for $1500. I assume everyone made money. Sounds like the dude in MO is definitely a good phone number to have.

Shop in MO bought a used 5.9 CR engine from Bay auto parts and had to send in a core to cover the $1200 core charge. Matt sold me an 6.7 engine which Bay Auto Parts shipped to the wrong buyer and then sent me a ragged out 5.9. They screwed up the deal. I don't believe Matt was trying to screw me over. However, Matt has not came through on his end as the seller. I've given him ample time to find a replacement, if one can't be found, he should offer a refund.

Back