6.7 damper on 12v

The offset of the pulley was different. The grooves are all standard.

I suppose it doesn't sit .005" further away from the crank then? It sits .005" in compared to stock?

Probably. The machine shop just said it was off by that much. It wasn't enough for me to worry about so I didn't ask which way.

FYI, when I've pulled the 6.7 dampers, some of them have a fine shim behind the center hub that falls off.
Never measured it, but it's pretty damned thin.

I don't think even .050" would make a whole lot of difference to the belt system on one of these.

IIWM and I was concerned about internal water pressure or circulation, I'd run a CR water pump with slightly clipped vanes.

Mark.

Everything is working fine, but water pressure is an issue. I'm going to research clipping the water pump now and CR vs 12v. I'm sure there are threads around, but if you are reading this and want to throw me a link, feel free.

On some 6.7 bus or industrial applications, the water pump pulley is a larger diameter, which slows it down.
I have one such pulley on a junk water pump at the shop.

Mark.

Thanks mark. PM me what you want for it. I read a ton on the subject tonight. I'd rather go that route and get another belt than cut up a good water pump, have it be off balance and break down in BFE somewhere.

I know others have had good luck clipping them, but the 6.7L damper running it at a faster rpm worries me.

Everything is still working fine. The belt you will need is: Gates#K080820. I had an 83.7" belt on first and it was responsible for the squeaking in the video.

Everything is still working fine. The belt you will need is: Gates#K080820. I had an 83.7" belt on first and it was responsible for the squeaking in the video.

Is there a part number on that water pump ?

Mark never got back to me. Mumau should be able to get you one though. I ended up just opening my bypass and everything is fine. There's no real winter here so I am not worried about it.

Update:

My water pump went south yesterday. I'm hoping the alternator and A/C aren't next. The pump had probably 90K on it. Everything else is fine and the water pump was probably going for a while because my engine is much quieter with the new pump.

Back