6.7 dodge or 6.4 ford?

so what year are the second series trucks, and with those trucks you dont need the tcm, correct. you can just run the 310 tune without any upgrage beside egr delete and exhaust and intake?

i think everything made in 08 is job 2. if you look on the VIN and see ea, eb, or ec. than thats a job 1. and no its not needed but is a good upgrade to do. and you dont need an egr delete the spartan turns it off for you. but it is also a good idea to do egr block off plates are about 40 bucks.

wait for 2011 and get the 6.7 ford... try it out and get back to us.. Personally I would go for the 6.7 dodge.. (I am biased) LOL Although I do feel The fords do have a much nicer interior..

wait for 2011 and get the 6.7 ford... try it out and get back to us.. Personally I would go for the 6.7 dodge.. (I am biased) LOL Although I do feel The fords do have a much nicer interior..

You must not have seen the new interior coming for the 2010's... Very nice..

You must not have seen the new interior coming for the 2010's... Very nice..

the interior on the 2011 fords blow them all out of the water! heres the gauges for starters i will get some more later.

Attachments

• 11_sd250_053-1253815958.jpg
    11_sd250_053-1253815958.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 99
The new dodge interior

2010-Dodge-Ram_Heavy-Duty-Interior_Image-020-1280.jpg

2010-Dodge-Ram_Heavy-Duty-Interior_Image-021-1280.jpg

the interior on the 2011 fords blow them all out of the water! heres the gauges for starters i will get some more later.

The ford has nice interior too, but I disagree with it blowing them all out of the water, the dodge seems to be on the same page with chevy and ford now.... I would stick with the tried and true Ole mighty Cummins..:rockwoot:

The ford has nice interior too, but I disagree with it blowing them all out of the water, the dodge seems to be on the same page with chevy and ford now.... I would stick with the tried and true Ole mighty Cummins..:rockwoot:

i think the dodge interior looks similar to the chevy and tundra now which looks just like car interior, ford still has the only truck looking interior. i think the ole mighty cummins isnt so mighty these days sure its a good engine and is reliable stock but no new power numbers and the powerstroke and duramax will both be around 400 horse and 700 torque and still be reliable. but its all preference and i think the new powerstroke and even my 6.4 will be right there with a cummins. plus i dont want a Fiat 3500 LOLLOL

so what year are the second series trucks, and with those trucks you dont need the tcm, correct. you can just run the 310 tune without any upgrage beside egr delete and exhaust and intake?

I have a job1 truck and have been running the 310 since may, with good luck this far, although i prob will upgrade soon, its not needed.

Let me know when the medium duty Ford comes out with a Cummins and Allison option! I know you can get it in the heavy duty trucks now... why not the Pick-ups?

I love my 2nd gen dodge but Im not brand loyal... I want the best of all three worlds!!!

The Allison won't come close to the 5r110 LOL get that silly sh@t out of your head. The 6.4 with the 5R110 can hold 700+ HP stock trany!

Allison :lolly:LOL

The Allison won't come close to the 5r110 LOL get that silly sh@t out of your head. The 6.4 with the 5R110 can hold 700+ HP stock trany!

Allison :lolly:LOL

Souns like your typical Brand Loyal Ford owner... How long has the 5r110 been used behind 600+ HP trucks? And in stock form?

Souns like your typical Brand Loyal Ford owner... How long has the 5r110 been used behind 600+ HP trucks? And in stock form?[/QUOTE

I have 40,000 on my truck and ive been runnin the 275 since 15k and havent had any trouble and i drive my truck every day in the oilfield i would definately take one over an allison any day. what exactly does a brand loyal ford owner sound like?

How long has a stock allison been used behind a 600 hp dmax? oh thats right they dont even try anymore LOL LOL

So, no fail-safe or anything? It just fires the little electric thing shifts gears and applies power slipping the trans or not?

I do like the layout of the dash/gauges, but I wish that they would for once put numbers on the gauges. I'm shocked to see a "4" and a "x10" on the boost guage. That was one of my complaints on all the Ford trucks that I have owned, which this Dodge is my first non-Ford truck that I have ever owned.

Back