6.7 "dpf is full" help

99 7.3

My truck has all the deletes and a smarty on it. It's set at 60hp w/ timing to save the clutch and all the defaults are in place. This morning the "dpf is full" came on and power is way down. My question is this; can I clear the "full dpf" with my smarty? Can I just unhook the batteries and that will clear it? What is the deal with the dpf coming on saying its full? Its not even on. This is the first time that it has done this. I've had the truck for almost 2 years and the smarty and deletes have been on for about a 1 1/2 yr. The only thing that was different this morning is that it is pretty cold (-5) and I let the truck run longer than usual. Any ideas or help would be great!!!!

Thanks

Watching this one. What have you tried? Reloaded smarty into ECM? Clear DTCs?

popcorn.gif

does it say "catalyst full see dealer now" ?

I bet you have a P0087 and or P1011

They will cause the truck to go into limp mode and display that message.

And clearing the DTC's with the smarty will take care of it, correct?

Ya, it said that in the overhead display.
Will the my smarty clear it?

just go try it and see, and post bak if it does or does not clear it.

I haven't tried anything yet. I was going to try it clear it w/ my smarty, but figured I might fubr something. So I figured I would post it here first and see what the experts say. Or if someone had experience with it before and what they did to fix it, before I did something I shouldn't.

I would, but w/ luck it will jack something up. I don't want to have to buy a new computer cuz I did something wrong, or that isn't the right avenue to fix it. Or if I have to take it to a dealer for them to do it.

In the time it took you to type that last post, you could have already tried to clear the DTC's and maybe have it fixed. $.02 Clearing DTC's will not do anything to the computer.

Yes, this is true. But then I would have to take it for a ride also. I just to make sure I do it correctly. I don't want someone who has had this problem before or whatever to say; don't clear it w/ ur smarty. It will mess whatever up. Now u have to buy a new computer and smarty. I just know how my luck is. My middle name is "Murphy"!!!

You will not mess anything up. This isn't a programming/computer error. This is most likely a mechanical issue w/ the fuel system.

How often do you change your fuel filter?

Ok. I don't know why the fuel pressure would be dwn. Nothing has been done to the truck for 1 1/2y r.

Every yr. U think changing the filter will/might fix it? It is time for one anyways. I will go get one now. Fyi, no codes.

Change fuel filter, clear codes, and roll on. If you are scared to clear the codes, CompD may not be the best forum for you.

I did clear the codes. There weren't any. Im thinking that between me needing to change my filter and fuel gelling just enough to slow the fuel flow to supply the higher end it will cure it. I know its my bad on not replacing the filter earlier. One f up

New fliter is on. Truck is back running like it should. Thanks for the ideas

I would recommend changing fuel filter every 10k or every other oil change.

Got ya, thanks. Is there a decent fuel filter relocation element for the 6.7. Its a pain in the ass for me to fit my big ass in between the tire and wheel well to change it.

Back