6.7 powerstroke

travis87

my buddy is a diesel mechanic for ford and is at training for the new motor now he said it looks awesome.. they had a single cab short bed there and the instructor told him that it will lite the tires like its nothin and has no turbo lag. i hope they offer the s/c s/b to the public that will be insane when tuned...he is gonna send me pics when he goes back in 2 weeks and as i get somemore info on it i will post it up.:ford:

any word on why they arent doin manual trannys anymore? also heard a rumor that cat was supposed to be pickin up the psd contract since ford and international had their fallin out. any truth there?

any word on why they arent doin manual trannys anymore? also heard a rumor that cat was supposed to be pickin up the psd contract since ford and international had their fallin out. any truth there?

Ford Is quiting Manual tranny production because of a in demand for them.. I had read somewhere that it was less than 3% of the yearly production was manual trannies..

As for the PSD Contract.. Ford Still Holds The PSD Name.. and International is still making the 6.4l "Powerstroke Platform" and its marketed as the Maxxforce

I swear to god CAT will be bankrupt and 20 years later people will still be saying they are going to build engines for ford.

Cat can't even produce an engine to meet current emissions.

So its finacialy viable to drop out of 2 markets and never attempt a 3rd?

I may have worded my post a bit poorly...

Obviously Cat can produce engines that would meet any Tier level of emissions that their competitors are meeting, for any size engine. They chose not to do so because their on-highway engine division is (in the grand scheme of things) not a very big part of Cat. The costs of producing engines meeting the new Tier levels were looked at, and it was decided that it wasn't worth pursing.

There are other divisions of the company that make them more money, and the money they made with on-highway engines was worth giving up to pursue other things.

Unlike Cummins and Detroit, Cat has much more to focus on then just on highway truck engines, and engines in general. In the end, financial decisions were the factor, not technical challenges that ceased production of the on-highway engines.

But off-highway emissions will pass in 2014 to the current (soon to be) levels. Last I recall cat has failed EPA testing since 07.

I'm thinking the company is failing personally.

Not trying to argue.

cat's offroad equipment will meet the 14' emissions. we started training on all that crap some time ago. we actually had a prototype excavator from cat with the new emissions BS at my dealer for awhile for testing. we just pulled the stuff back off to be sent back to cat. they have the DPF/NoX systems already configured to be drop in and go systems. they are going to make doing anything to engine a freakin night mare though. and they are producing a hybrid electric drive dozer. so they ARE doing the emissions thing. but like said above.. they just decided that the on road truck market wasnt a big enough part of the business to invest the money in keeping up with the on road emissions.

Ford stop making manual trannys cauuse they cant meet emissions when they use them in the trucks.

Ford stop making manual trannys cauuse they cant meet emissions when they use them in the trucks.

That's not why. the reason why ford stopped making the manual tranny is because there is no real demand for it. the percentage of manual tranny's out there in very minimal and ford decided it wasn't enough to keep making the manual. The manual tranny has nothing to do with the emissions...it all about the engine. the engine has to meet emissions, not the transmission.

Im a bowtie but i got my non bias doubts about the scorpion!
It could be a huge Sucess................. Time will tell

my buddy is a diesel mechanic for ford and is at training for the new motor now he said it looks awesome.. they had a single cab short bed there and the instructor told him that it will lite the tires like its nothin and has no turbo lag. i hope they offer the s/c s/b to the public that will be insane when tuned...he is gonna send me pics when he goes back in 2 weeks and as i get somemore info on it i will post it up.:ford:

its been 2 weeks so where the pics??

why does everyone want a cat, they are big, heavy,expensive, and dont make alot of power, the diesel engines we have now already outlast the truck itself, i work on cat engines, they are tough but thats about it, the mining and road eqipment is where they are making the money, other manufacturers build better small displacement engines, but that flips as the engines get bigger, that is where the cats shine.

That's not why. the reason why ford stopped making the manual tranny is because there is no real demand for it. the percentage of manual tranny's out there in very minimal and ford decided it wasn't enough to keep making the manual. The manual tranny has nothing to do with the emissions...it all about the engine. the engine has to meet emissions, not the transmission.

Yes i understand this. However I spoke to the local FSE and he was the one that informed me that this is one, perhaps not the main reason why they no longer offer it. I didn't just pull this out of my ass or anything, without any real backing. The manual tranny not selling sounds WAY more logical than the emissions angle, but I do not work for ford, so I take the info with a grain of salt and pass it along.

The cab bolts are reversed from the 6.0L's. They come out frome under the frame. You must take the cab off to do anywork. With the 6.0L is was an option. Ford wants you to pull the engine out the front but it turns out that it was quicker to just lift the cab and whatnot. 6.7"s make the 6.0L's looks like roomy engine bays.

Back