6.7 Rods

The handful of 6.7 rods that I've seen let go were all over 850 plus hp. Not sure what rpm they let go at though, but that should give you an idea anyway.

19, 5, 1, 18, 3, 8

and yet again another helpful and informative post from a pro!

and yet again another helpful and informative post from a pro!

You don't like it, GTFO!

It's not like this has never been talked about before;) 6.7L eat rods...if you're actually going to try and make power, you need rods. PERIOD!

If you're going to be another internet hero and throw a tuner on and roll coal, you'll probably be fine...well, maybe not you, but your rods!

Chris

You don't like it, GTFO!

It's not like this has never been talked about before;) 6.7L eat rods...if you're actually going to try and make power, you need rods. PERIOD!

If you're going to be another internet hero and throw a tuner on and roll coal, you'll probably be fine...well, maybe not you, but your rods!

Chris

A little slow on the draw...:blahblah1:

If you put the 12v rods in you have to change the 6.7 camshaft for a 5.9 style cam.

John

are 12v rods alot strong then the 6.7 and are you talkin factory rods also is the cam the only thing that has to be changed thanks

Last edited:
Need a differnt cam for those?

I dont know for a "Fact"...but on close inspection of the picure i would say you dont have to use a 5.9 style of cam. The rod bolt end is rounded like the factory rod for the clearance.

John

i ended up and put 24 valve rods in
I put twin pumps on my truck put the biggest cam in and not have to fly cut the pistons, push tubes,225 injectors, valve springs, during the build somethimg must have got in the intake plenum and when the truck was started it made some bad noises, pulled head and #6 had a peice on top of piston so while eveything was apart i just replaced all the pistons and put 24 valve steel rods in

Back