6.7 swap in 06

baier513

Guys I'm saving up to put a 6.7 in my 06 auto. As of right now my 5.9 has a HTT 64 / 74 / 13 SS. I'm wondering if I can run that on the 6.7 and compound on top of it with s480 of some kind. Im hoping itd be a really good tow rig and still be in the mid 700s and good torque from 1500rpms and up. I'm also wondering what size of nozzles I need to run on the 03-04 bodies.

The bms 100hp 123deg will work good and retain some fuel mileage, they are responsibly priced too

You could run a 66 on the 6.7 and spool it easily. If you do compounds, make sure to put some studs in it. 6.7s are not good at handling high boost without some help.

I'm studding the head for sure but do I need to stud the mains if I'm only shooting for high 7s. If I need to that's fine. I was hoping to keep it in the safe range so the bottom end can stay stock if you guys think I'm pushing the limits of the rods I might stick with the 5.9.

If you're utilizing stock 6.7 piston bowl design (which I assume you are) the narrow cone angle of the late 5.9 (124*) will not work in that tapered bowl configuration. Just run a 143* marine nozzle or a stock 6.7 nozzle (146*).

What's the limit on the 6.7 for rpm's and boost before rods are needed? I run a 5.9 at 3000 - 3300 rpm 35+ boost towing heavy uphill would this kill a 6.7?

Back