6.7 using 5.9 exhaust

Blazonic

I am not up-to-date on my new dodge stuff, but my Father-in-law has a new 6.7 and wants exhaust for it. I have read where a 5.9 exhaust will bolt up and delete the DPF. The truck is for off road highway use only. My question is will it bolt up without changing anything or am I going to have to fab anything up? I was looking at the Magnaflow 17989

TIA

Im not sure if it will mount right up, but i know a guy who can help. His name is Ed (941) 809-8543. He put a 6.7 in a 5.9 truck using all the 5.9 wiring and computers, and a 5.9 turbo and exhaust... it was one of the meanest trucks ive driven.

The bolt pattern is the same but the turbine housing inlet is different so you will have to use a different turbo on the exhaust manifold. Either an aftermarket or stock 5.9 liter turbo.

We have a couple of dealers selling the 6.7 kit. Includes manifold and turbo wiith 3rd gen compressor outlet and 2nd gen(hx40) turbine outlet. This allows you to bolt up the stock exhaust to the turbo.

yes it will bolt right up i had to do some work on my back hanger though other than that everything was fine i got mine from rollin smoke diesel

just did mine friday night. got a 5" that fits an 04.5 and on 5.9. the early 04 and 03 have a smaller exhaust outlet, so it wont work.

I used an 07 5.9 5" mbrp kit on mine. Bolts right up no problems. You will have to drop the cross member to get the factory downpipe out..or hack it up! Then gets your hands on a smarty with an ME file and your golden. If you wanna go one step farther get yourself some blockoff plates and rip all the junk off the top of the motor. No codes No overhead subliminal messages! The smarty will take care of it.

We have a delete kit with pipe, bung for sensor, and electronics to plug into sensors to keep it out of limp mode.

Our set up versus a programmer to delete it: Programmer completely turns off regeneration mode, then maybe you need warranty work, sure you will take programmer off before going to the dealer, BUT the dealer will see this huge time span where there was NO regeneration leaving them assured there has been a "performance" product on the truck, good bye warranty!

Our kits comes with a simple bolt on pipe that can be taken off for warranty, as far as our electronics, the truck will still regen every now and then so when you take the truck in for warranty they see it's all functioned "properly"

If you dont care about warranty, then you can chop the dpf off with a tomahawk! :lolly: Just my input on options.

Back