6 speed 12.92@108mph on fuel only!!!

well naturally your slipping the clutch. 4000rpm and 3rd gear, you are not engaging fast enough. If you wanna do a "sled pull" launch, you need something to give, and sled pullers have a dirt track, you don't.

I've done 2.0 60's foots with a single disk when I bogged it cuz the clutch engaged to early. try a little less rpm

it's a little hard on drive line parts, and it looks like you have 265 tires on your truck. Let them be a little wet and drop the clutch more so then slip it and get a little wheel spin.

If you watch the ricer AWD cars wheel spin helps keep RPM's up, while the clutch is engaged . I was always able to get faster times with my old AudiTT if I dumped the clutch at 5000rpm vs trying to slip it.

maybe keep the RPM's no more then 2500rpm on your 3rd gear launches and you can make used of 3rd. better.

Are you the guy to experiment with a line lock to hold ya still and build boost with a manual?

well naturally your slipping the clutch. 4000rpm and 3rd gear, you are not engaging fast enough. If you wanna do a "sled pull" launch, you need something to give, and sled pullers have a dirt track, you don't.

I've done 2.0 60's foots with a single disk when I bogged it cuz the clutch engaged to early. try a little less rpm

it's a little hard on drive line parts, and it looks like you have 265 tires on your truck. Let them be a little wet and drop the clutch more so then slip it and get a little wheel spin.

If you watch the ricer AWD cars wheel spin helps keep RPM's up, while the clutch is engaged . I was always able to get faster times with my old AudiTT if I dumped the clutch at 5000rpm vs trying to slip it.

maybe keep the RPM's no more then 2500rpm on your 3rd gear launches and you can make used of 3rd. better.

Are you the guy to experiment with a line lock to hold ya still and build boost with a manual?

some very good points here. but i was not just dumping the clutch. i was building close to 15-20lbs of boost by slightly letting the clutch engage. im very confident that when i get a heavier plate load i wont have this issue anymore. i was getting some 1.8 60's with my single disk SBC OFE.

i have been racking my brain trying to get a line lock setup that will work with the ABS and all 4 wheels because just having it on the fronts, the truck will push threw in 4wd.

NICE! It looks like you have fuel. Great run no BS! Any 12 sec run with a 6 speed is good.

NICE! It looks like you have fuel. Great run no BS! Any 12 sec run with a 6 speed is good.

oh theres no doubt i have all the fuel i need thanks to you guys!!! couldnt have done it with out yall.

big thanks goes out to,
Industrial Injection-for all the fuel i could ask for!! and Air!!!
South Bend Clutch- for building one hell of a clutch!!!
MADS Electronics (Smarty)- for designing an awesome program!!!
PPE-for the Dual Fueler Kit.
NGM Diesel for making it all happen!!
NHRDA- for puting the event together!!

and Lloyd Mills for coming threw in a pinch with a high pressure line!

some very good points here. but i was not just dumping the clutch. i was building close to 15-20lbs of boost by slightly letting the clutch engage. im very confident that when i get a heavier plate load i wont have this issue anymore. i was getting some 1.8 60's with my single disk SBC OFE.

i have been racking my brain trying to get a line lock setup that will work with the ABS and all 4 wheels because just having it on the fronts, the truck will push threw in 4wd.

elaborate on the ABS "line lock" here.

I know nothing about how ABS works internally. Other then it'll slow ya down in stopping on dry pavement when you are merely on rough pavement. My jeep and this truck almost put you in more danger with the ABS on when it's perfectly dry out then not (ABS not disengaging early enough). The Audi, different story :) I loved it's ABS on that thing, smart stuff. ABS on dodge trucks, no so smart.

Would this have something to do with engaging the ABS motor and preventing it from pulsing? If so, rigging a button under the throttle to stop it and release the brakes would be the next big thing in 6 speed drag racing! :). All electronic line lock with out having to cut brake lines would be shhhwwwweeeet

elaborate on the ABS "line lock" here.

I know nothing about how ABS works internally. Other then it'll slow ya down in stopping on dry pavement when you are merely on rough pavement. My jeep and this truck almost put you in more danger with the ABS on when it's perfectly dry out then not (ABS not disengaging early enough). The Audi, different story :) I loved it's ABS on that thing, smart stuff. ABS on dodge trucks, no so smart.

Would this have something to do with engaging the ABS motor and preventing it from pulsing? If so, rigging a button under the throttle to stop it and release the brakes would be the next big thing in 6 speed drag racing! :). All electronic line lock with out having to cut brake lines would be shhhwwwweeeet

thats where my though process is going. trying to do it electronically. im also thinking that if you splice into the brake lines you have to worry aboput the ABS pump and its proportioning valves inside seeing the correct pressures when locked in. just some thought i havnt started the process yet so i will find out soon!
but one way or another im going to get the time slip i want to see before i give up!

nice run!

pretty cool that you're ripping down the track with little smoke....

and now for the embarrassing launch!!! what happens when you dont build enough boost to launch!!! :bang:kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3kKohoTBK8 :doh::badidea:

i figured it wouldnt be fair to yall just to see some of the decent passes without some real life mixed in!!! :bang

Last edited:
Back