60kw to 80kw genset engine options.

Any plan on rotating the diesel fuel source out? Trying to store it more than a year is not a good idea even under ideal conditions.
I use it in my tractor as well and only keep around 15 gallons at a time plus what's in the tractor. Found a good deal on a Lister HR3 with 25k gen head. Rebuilt Lister with new gen. Should handle the house easily. HR3 is about 45hp and burns about 1.6 times as much as my HA2. 3 cylinder, 1/4" bigger bore with same stroke. Same basic design so I should be able to work on it easily if ever needed. Will be a load for the tractor bringing it up the steep hill behind the house. 3 point mounted forks will be required.

Last edited:
Have you used this additive for bulk fuel storage? We ask for an additive when the fuel supplier comes out to fill the diesel tank for tractors. Whatever he pours in there is guaranteed for one year storage. Im never around when they refill unfortunately.

I do not have any bulk, but I have used their other additives and they have been some of the best I have used.

I've had good luck with Star Tron enzyme diesel treatment. Its sold as a marine diesel additive.

Half of those old guys don't ever run their boats much, it's just for cocktails at the marina. It will keep fuel algae free for a yr no problem, bet two wouldn't be a problem either.

Had a storm come through this morning. Lots of lightning. Knocked out power and started a bunch of fires. Power was off for 6 hours with 100 deg temps. Fired up the Lister and ran it for 2 hours to get the 2 refrigerators and freezer cooled back down and run some fans and computers. Burned about 3/4 of a gallon with the light load. Man, I love this thing. Hope the new one works the same. Will be nice to be able to run everything when the power goes down.

Had a storm come through this morning. Lots of lightning. Knocked out power and started a bunch of fires. Power was off for 6 hours with 100 deg temps. Fired up the Lister and ran it for 2 hours to get the 2 refrigerators and freezer cooled back down and run some fans and computers. Burned about 3/4 of a gallon with the light load. Man, I love this thing. Hope the new one works the same. Will be nice to be able to run everything when the power goes down.

Lol it is pretty awesome when the power goes out at my house. Wait 10 seconds and the generator starts and everything comes back on. Waiting for the TV to reboot gives me time to get more snacks or take a leak.

Friend has a PTO generator he mounts on his tractor in the winter. It’s inside his barn so he just walks out and turns the key and flips the disconnect and goes back to the house. When I used a portable generator they sit more than they are used so they never want to run when you need them.

Lol it is pretty awesome when the power goes out at my house. Wait 10 seconds and the generator starts and everything comes back on. Waiting for the TV to reboot gives me time to get more snacks or take a leak.

Friend has a PTO generator he mounts on his tractor in the winter. It’s inside his barn so he just walks out and turns the key and flips the disconnect and goes back to the house. When I used a portable generator they sit more than they are used so they never want to run when you need them.

Mine starts instantly after sitting. Right now it's a pain to have to get out the 6/3 cords and run them up from the shop, but once the panel gets put in It will just be a matter of going outside and plugging in. I can handle that.

Mine starts instantly after sitting. Right now it's a pain to have to get out the 6/3 cords and run them up from the shop, but once the panel gets put in It will just be a matter of going outside and plugging in. I can handle that.

I was going to ask if you were going to wire it in and leave it inside an enclosure so you just have to start it and flip a switch.

That’s awesome Ron. I wouldn’t get rid of that lister for nothing.

We had a boundary of storms roll through at 4am this morning. First the wind, then driving rain. The whole time I was hoping like hell the power wouldn’t go out with all the wind. Especially being my 2 year temp power pole is under a huge pecan tree.

The generator is going to be placed at the back of our property under a metal carport area spanned between two shipping containers (yet to be constructed.)
Trench and run power underground for generator and new power pole to the shop at the same time. Throw a little dirt on top the electrical, drop my irrigation lines and compressed air line down there, cover the trench.
Until then, I pray power doesn’t go out.

Also, several people have mentioned lately to stay away from air cooled generac’s due to overheating at full load with hot ambient temps and lack of air movement through unit. Anyone say otherwise?

I'd really like to have a Tesla car battery or two hooked up so that I could disconnect from PG&E at intervals and run off the batteries till they dropped to a certain level, then fire up the generator and charge the batteries. The Tesla Power wall set up is designed to be used with their solar panels only. I tried to explain what I wanted to do and they said no. Need to find a good electrical person and just pay they to make me something.

Supposed to be power issues this week with the hot weather expected. I need to go to Home Depot and look a small panel to get a 50 amp breaker between the Lister and the Transfer switch. Even a fused disconnect would work for now.

Back