62/68/14 = no spool?

jl99cummins

hooked
Guys, I am stomped over this. Before switching turbos, I was making 35psi of boost on the hx 35 and just switched to the 62/68/14 and it will not make any boost. Pressure test the intake system and water bottle. Going down the road at 65 mph with od off and stomp it will black out a 10 wide highway an reach 1450 degrees pre-turbo and i let off. Adjusted the wastegate all the way in and backed of a half a turn. Still doing the same. What do you guys thank it could be? Thanks

Last edited:
Guys, I am stomped over this. Before switching turbos, I was making 35psi of boost on the hx 35 and just switched to the 62/68/14 and it will not make any boost. Pressure test the intake system and water bottle. Going down the road at 65 mph with od off and stomp it will black out a 10 wide highway an reach 1450 degrees pre-turbo and i let off. Adjusted the wastegate all the way in and backed of a half a turn. Still doing the same. What do you guys thank it could be? Thanks
What fueling mods do you have?

Boost leak somewhere? Sounds like a boot might have a leak in it. Just something that can be easily missed.

The one that blows smoke! lmao are they different housings. Is there something eternal that could be causing this?

Sounds eternal to me! LOL Where is injection timing set? There are different housing types, not all are created equal.

Last edited:
As for the fueling mods; 7x.010 sdx injectors and edge drag. What gets me is we pressure checked the system and nothing i will check the connection at the comp. Housing when i get off work this evening. Thanks

If you pressure checked the system and got nothing I would say there is your problem. I would check what Forrest said.

Make sure the wastegate is working properly and not stuck open

Thanks for all the help. I am sending it back to the vendor and the wastegate isn't working like it is suppose to.

Back