62 fmw or 64.5 fmw???

BHARRIS

ok so i got the hook up on a gated T3 steed speed and got a turbosmart wastegate off of one of my buddies. and im finaly ready to pull the trigger on a turbo. Ive got it narrowed down to two turbos either the s362sx-e (62/68) or the s364.5sx-e (64.5/73) both with a .80 t3 turbine. I have changed the cam im my truck to a 188/210 (all mods in sig), and i also plan to rarely tow 7000lbs maybe once every 2/3 months(rock crawler). But at the same time i want as much fun power as possible. Any help/opinions are greatly appericated, thanks

If it were my truck id get the 64.5 between those two turbos. Will make good power and can still tow. Won't tow as friendly as the 62 would but really depends on your driving style as well. I towed 8000lbs every couple months with everything in my sig except I had a tight converter, a 64/74-14, and a PDI 3 piece manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2 on the 64.5

You always end up wanting more, and more. You just have to know how to drive the truck. I've seen people pull trailers with bigger turbos. I takes time to get the air/fuel/timing dialed in to where it's manageable egts.

Back