63/68?/ T3 or T4? and what size housing?

BHARRIS

looking to buy a turbo heres a list of what ive got done. fass 125, 160 pump, 4k springs, .022 dv's, 5x14s, 21* timing, built 47rh with tripple disk 1700 stall, head studs, o-ringed.
I pull 8000lbs with the truck once amonth about one hour each way, wanting to have a fun street truck that i can dirt drag race with and hook to the sled every once in a while. With that being said im kinda lost on the turbo side, im thinking a 63/68 but not sure when it comes to exhaust housing should i stick with a t3 or go to a t4 (im also buying a steed speed mani either way) and what size housing should i run. the stock hx35 just aint cutting it with this set up lol! Thanks for any help?

Last edited:
Do you ever plan to expand on the truck? Future plans etc?

the most i would probaly do is add another charger down the road... will do new interior, paint, wheels&tires all that good stuff before i add any thing else power wise

the most i would probaly do is add another charger down the road... will do new interior, paint, wheels&tires all that good stuff before i add any thing else power wise

Personally, and I don't know jack... I'd just go with a gated t3 housing.

A 63/68 t3 gated would fit you quite nicely. They also make great secondary's down the road since you mentioned the possibility of twins. Lots of options as where to get them. I would suggest Manning Motorsports. He is also a member on here.

A 63/68 t3 gated would fit you quite nicely. They also make great secondary's down the road since you mentioned the possibility of twins. Lots of options as where to get them. I would suggest Manning Motorsports. He is also a member on here.

thanks man ill look into manning motorsports... any idea on what size exhaust housing 12 or 14? ive heard of a stainless 13 as well?

I bought a 63/68/14 from Manning and they were good to deal with. I would think with your setup the 12cm would get hot the 14 is from what I found good all around towing/playing/daily driving afc tuning helped this out a bunch as well. I had a 13cm housing on a 62/68 that the previous owner had problems with the wastegate shaft bending making it useless so it was welded shut. the cast housing will work fine and probably a bunch cheaper as well

I bought a 63/68/14 from Manning and they were good to deal with. I would think with your setup the 12cm would get hot the 14 is from what I found good all around towing/playing/daily driving afc tuning helped this out a bunch as well. I had a 13cm housing on a 62/68 that the previous owner had problems with the wastegate shaft bending making it useless so it was welded shut. the cast housing will work fine and probably a bunch cheaper as well
cool deal the 14cm housing it is

I had a 13cm housing on a 62/68 that the previous owner had problems with the wastegate shaft bending making it useless so it was welded shut. the cast housing will work fine and probably a bunch cheaper as well

That's the exact same thing that happened to me before. Was with a 64/71 with the 13cm stainless housing, go figure lol

And yes agreed 14cm

Back