666 Build

Hillbilly hook

Im alittle new to building tractors but could the 666 with the 312 motor make a good hot farm or even a super farm with a turbo if one can be added. Or should I just go with a 1066?Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

The 312 block is the same as the 360 block found in trucks and some tractors (766/Early886). I know there are kits out there that take them out to 400 cubic inches. IIRC it's basically an AG 360 crank and a set of truck 360(the truck and AG 360s have different bore/stroke combos) sleeves with custom pistons. The T/A won't hold serious power like you are after, so a T/A eliminator is in order. The stock single 10" clutch also won't hold up, but multi disc clutches are available. Turbo charging is definitely possible, there's a 666 that pulls at the open pulls around here in the 5500-7000# classes that really SCREAMS.

To be honest I've been considering putting one of these together since we have light hot farm classes... A built 1066 fits into more popular classes, and is probably cheaper to build since there's more used parts laying around. But there's a ton of those running around and a 666 is unique, though there are less places with rules/classes that it would fit in :Cheer:

the 1066 would fit into more classes easliy but the 666 are cool to check out the rules where your pulling at and see what classes you can get into

Dont know about your area but its gonna take well north of 550 cubes to be competitive in a hot farm class.....

Dont know about your area but its gonna take well north of 550 cubes to be competitive in a hot farm class.....

Yeah, that's why we suggested to look around for class rules and the like. Hopefully he can find some lighter classes to fit in, 400 cubes just flat won't cut it in the heavy classes. Not to mention the poor rear end would probably grenade if he weighted up and put more of his power to the ground.

We pull a 666 with the 400 cube kit, we have a wall covered with 1st place trophies in the 6500 lbs HOT class. We have had a major battle with keeping the clutch and T/A together, but tractor is a real winner. Solved clutch issues with a double disc set up. had to drop alot to get it into 6500lbs class. You can have a serious winner in light class.

Only thing... If you come accross a stripped down 560 with a 466DT I don't care what you do, youre all done! That is the "holy grail" of light class combos'... We have seen a few pop up lately in our area and they are holy terrors...

We pull a 666 with the 400 cube kit, we have a wall covered with 1st place trophies in the 6500 lbs HOT class. We have had a major battle with keeping the clutch and T/A together, but tractor is a real winner. Solved clutch issues with a double disc set up. had to drop alot to get it into 6500lbs class. You can have a serious winner in light class.

Forgive my ignorance, but is that what the poster above stated, a dt360 stroked out. I ask because I am building a dt360 to put into my drag truck and am finding it really hard getting info on these motors.

Forgive my ignorance, but is that what the poster above stated, a dt360 stroked out. I ask because I am building a dt360 to put into my drag truck and am finding it really hard getting info on these motors.

Like I said, the 312 is a destroked AG 360 since they share the same bore... However, the 360 truck engine has a bigger bore/shorter stroke than the AG 360 so if you combine an AG crank and truck liners with some custom pistons you'll have 400 cubes... How much does that 360 weigh anyway, I haven't had one out (yet) to weigh. I'd imagine it's right around the same as a 5.9 Cummins.

Back