67mm he351

gwhammy

I bought this from a guy that had it built and ran it a little while and then went bigger. I put maybe 1500 miles on it but to big for my use. Basically new. 600 plus ship

Do you know how it spools next to a stock cw? I've got an early 04 with a wicked wheel in it that the P/O installed herself when rebuilding it, so I don't have faith in the turbo lasting much longer.

In my 09 f350 auto 12 valve that weighs 9000 lbs. it makes boost at 1500 but didn't really lite good till around 2200. No comparison with the stock 351 I replaced it with, it spools almost directly with the pedal.

I bought this already put together, it looks to have a aftermarket compressor housing and exhaust housing so I don't know if the guy I got it from built it or bought it. That being said it's as tight as any new turbo I've had, took it to around 40 lbs. of boost once but mostly just driving breaking in a new rebuilt motor.

I would trade it for a 62-67 he or sell or trade the compressor wheel and housing for a 62 compressor wheel and housing.

In my 09 f350 auto 12 valve that weighs 9000 lbs. it makes boost at 1500 but didn't really lite good till around 2200. No comparison with the stock 351 I replaced it with, it spools almost directly with the pedal.

I bought this already put together, it looks to have a aftermarket compressor housing and exhaust housing so I don't know if the guy I got it from built it or bought it. That being said it's as tight as any new turbo I've had, took it to around 40 lbs. of boost once but mostly just driving breaking in a new rebuilt motor.

I would trade it for a 62-67 he or sell or trade the compressor wheel and housing for a 62 compressor wheel and housing.

ahhh. Might be a little slow for a tow rig, even a cr. I'll wait and see what my budget allows now. Just learned one of my drivers put 3/4 of a tank of gasoline into one of my trucks and kept going. So I might be rebuilding an engine. Yay.

Last edited:
That's the reason I changed it, can't control OD and lockup on a 5r110 and I tow fairly heavy a lot. The 05 is set up just like this truck except less fuel pulls great with a box stock 351.

Back