69 Ford F-100 12 Valve Swap (Twin Turbos, Built Trans, and more!)

Smokin' LB7

This is a truck we just finished up building last week. A local radio station here KBPI does an annual giveaway of a totally custom vehicle, which they call "metal shop". This year, we got involved and built a 69 Ford F-100 from the ground up. The listeners go to the KBPI website and vote for what they want to see happen with the vehicle. So we just had to make the truck happen.

It started out by getting a 12 valve cummins out of a 94 that we had in the parking lot. The motor was cleaned up, had a new head gasket installed, head studs installed, valves adjusted, and a new rear main seal.

1.jpg

Then the motor was mated to the ATS stage 1 transmission for its first test fit into the truck.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

After everything was good with mounting the motor and trans, the body went to get worked and painted. Flat black was chosen as the color of the truck.

5.jpg

6.jpg

And the motor was placed in for its final install into the the truck.

7.jpg

The Aurora 3000/5000 compounds were hung on the manifold with care (T'was the night before christmas :hehe: )

8.jpg

9.jpg

And an aftermarket intercooler for a WRX haha

10.jpg

Sound deadener was installed to keep it conversation safeish in the cab while sitting on a 12 valve

11.jpg

And getting more body parts on the truck

12.jpg

13.jpg

The inner fenders needed a bit of trimming because it was a pretty tight fit, but it looks snug as a bug in a run in there...awesome!

14.jpg

Intercooler hung nicely, definitely a street truck though

15.jpg

Bed came back from body and paint looking very nice as well

16.jpg

Parallel 4-link with air bags and you can see the tranny cooler there too

17.jpg

Installing the bed onto the truck. You can also see the custom battery mount underneath it. Pretty cool

18.jpg

Suede seats with Metal Shop 7 stitched in the headrests

19.jpg

Guages to monitor everything including EGT and boost obviously

20.jpg

21.jpg

And finally the finished product! Turned out pretty damn cool if you ask me

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Now obviously wasnt so bolt on as it looks from the pictures. The amount of work that went into this truck is amazing. It was seriously like a little version of overhaulin around here. We had at least 4 guys at all times working on this thing, and we built it in about 5 weeks. I wish all my projects only took 5 weeks haha!

Anyways, there are still a couple loose ends to wrap up for the guy who won the truck last friday. Like the interior and stereo need to be finished, and a couple other little gremlins on the drivetrain. But it fired up and ran really nicely. It should be REALLY quick once it gets going all the way!

Thanks!
Zach

That thing is sweet, can't wait to see some 1/4 mile times out of it

That thing is dang cool! and a way clean build. My dads got a 55 ford f250 we want to put a cummins in. I love the older fords

I like the look of the car. That is nice. Not see that kind on here.

That's just the way I want to paint my 67 F100. I would like sponsors like that to help me build my 6.6 Ford swap. Hard when you're all on your own kash.

Back