6gsk??

jones95runner

Ok maybe i'm lost here but isnt there such a thing as a 6000 spring set for a p7100? I have seached every place i can think of and still not found a set. You can get 5's(what i have now) but still not seen a 6 that anybody shows you can just buy.

ok well i tried tighting the nut up two clicks. Truck WOULD NOT idle at all. Backed them back off and is fine now. Do shims do anthing different than that does? It did actualy turn about 5200 like that but it would either idle at 2000 or not at all. Thats with just barely moving the idle screw

Well I never actually hooked it to a sled with it turning 5200. Only to tractor in the field testing it. But I couldn't leave it like that it wouldn't idle at all. Running a 3.0 charger biggest cam colt has without going to line bore, stage 8 I think it was he gave me specs but I can't remember. Right now I can leave the line at five but it will pull down to 4500 or so. Few other guys here running pretty much exact motor I have except they said they leaving line at about 5500. And falling to around 5. Listening to our trucks, that sounds about right

Garmon's springs are also referred to as "hold my beer" springs. A search should bring up some feedback from turbomatt (Matt Wells). I have a set sitting on a shelf here :doh:

Garmon's springs are also referred to as "hold my beer" springs. A search should bring up some feedback from turbomatt (Matt Wells). I have a set sitting on a shelf here :doh:

As long as its ' hold my beer' and not ' somebody give me a beer'. I should be ok right?:rockwoot:

Well this is actually a 13mm Pump from shieds- I got it for a good price rebuild but it only had a 4 in it when I bought it. I put the 5's in myself. So what i'm getting out of it takes more actual governer work than just a spring to get it?

I have a set of 6k's for a 13mm p-pump highest I have left the line was 5600. Might be going back to a 5k springs soon.

I have a set of 6k's for a 13mm p-pump highest I have left the line was 5600. Might be going back to a 5k springs soon.

Did you get the pump done with the 6's, or put them in yourself? 5500 would be plenty for me, and whats your reason for goin back down to a 5k?

Did you get the pump done with the 6's, or put them in yourself? 5500 would be plenty for me, and whats your reason for goin back down to a 5k?

the pump was built by a performance shop in PA with them in it. It was the last pump built before the guy died of cancer. I am going down to a smaller turbo this season. Only down side of the 6k's is that it is very hard to bring the rpm's up slowly.

Back