6spd Mega Cab runs 12.7

95civic2005

I finally made it to the track about a month or so ago to try the new truck out. The truck weighed 8100lbs with me in it on the scales at a local truck stop. That kind of weight along with being a 6spd doesn't make for that good of a qurter mile truck, but racing is what I love. Below are the numbers.

The truck ran the following blowing a boot off right after the 1/8 and I was on the brakes slightly after that. The truck I raced was also a 6spd and by the video I had approx. 2 lengths on him at the 1/8 and he ran a 12.8, so this run was probably at least a 12.6. Let me know what you think.

60'-1.938
330-5.426
1/8-8.234
MPH-86.95
1000-10.962
1/4-13.738
MPH-76.59

Best run
60'-1.966
330-5.455
1/8-8.271
MPH-86.44
1000-10.701
1/4-12.732
MPH-110.47

The truck has more left in it, as the Smarty was on default everything, and stock RPM and speed limiter.

you got some big injectors there...nice job...how about a vid

you got some big injectors there...nice job...how about a vid

Yeah they are pretty big injectors, but I have been told several times by several different people that anything over a Flux 4.3 or 4.4, trucks normally loose some horsepower. I have a video of the run where the truck blew the boot off, but my camera man had to take his pregnant girlfriend to the bathroom and missed the 12.7 run. I will try to get the video posted sometime, but it normally takes me a while.

Holy Sh!t the bed, That frikin awesom in a big heavy rig like that, Congrats Man!!

Holy Sh!t the bed, That frikin awesom in a big heavy rig like that, Congrats Man!!

:hehe: Thanks man. Hopefully I will be as fast as you one day. I need to replace the factory headgasket and crack up the boost.

Nice run! I want to see the video! Speed shifting the manual is definitely worthy of congratulations :clap:

How many RPM are you launching at? You ought to be able to shave 1-2 tenths off your 60' time and that should get you to 12.5 or so.

That's one fast mega cab you've got there!

How many RPM are you launching at? You ought to be able to shave 1-2 tenths off your 60' time and that should get you to 12.5 or so.

That's one fast mega cab you've got there!

Thanks man. I am not 100% sure what RPM, but probably somewhere around 3,000. I am mainly keeping an eye on the boost at the line.

That is some good shifting! You are making some good power also to get that heavy truck moving.

didn't notice you posted here too. This would be the place to ask who has the fastest manual 1/4 times. The guy I was talking about in the 11's was Jeff Prince. That's all I know about that run.

didn't notice you posted here too. This would be the place to ask who has the fastest manual 1/4 times. The guy I was talking about in the 11's was Jeff Prince. That's all I know about that run.

According to Jeff when I talked to him, he never had an 11sec run. Best he did was 12.1. He said the truck COULD do an 11sec run if he could keep a clutch and trans together.

According to Jeff when I talked to him, he never had an 11sec run. Best he did was 12.1. He said the truck COULD do an 11sec run if he could keep a clutch and trans together.

Yeah, I have seen the video of him running a 12.1 @ 119mph. 119mph is well into the 11's.

Johner Banshee I believe has the fastest dodge manual tranny running I believe 12.6 a few years back in what I believe was a 05 but I know it was a black qc 4wd cr. Jeff prince's truck was wicked that dude could bang the gears and plus a 2wd single cab dually with a monster slick is just cool. I believe a few duramax guys have been low 12s as well. Congrats on your times though it takes a lot do do that with a auto trans much less a gear banger.

Yes it is!
BUT, like I said he couldnt keep a clutch or trans together.

Right after that 12.1 run he switched to an auto.

Thats thet way i understand it, Im hoping to set things in the 11.x area buy the end of summer.

Last edited:
Thats thet way i understand it, Im hoping to set things in the 11.x area buy the end of summer.

If you don't mind me asking, what mods do you have to run the times in your sig? What other mods are you planning to do to get to the 11's? Also, how much does your truck weigh?

Here is the video of the run where the intercooler boot blew off. You can see the distance I had on the other truck, and it ran a 12.8 at 109mph.

Back