7.3 Aftermarket Cast Block

fordman300

I'm in the process of building an off the wall motor. Its to the point were I do not feel comfortable putting the components in/on a stock block therfore I'm going to cast a block.

Who would be interested in a performance block? This would be a race only block and im not interested in making it streetable.

It will not accept a stock oil cooler, the stock front cover will fit but some external oil plumbing will be required to feed the hpop.
It will not have the stock turbo feed, drain or manual fuel pump mounting.
An external oil manifold to feed each main journal will be neccesary.
External oil drains on heads may be neccessary (not sure yet)
No water holes thru deck (heads will run dry)
Will not have stock engine mounts (will require front and rear engine plates)
It will use stock main bearings and swing a stock crank.
It will be available with a stock cam bearing bores or 2.500" bore for roller cam bearings. (will require a custom cam wit 2.125" bearing journals)
It will come bushed for .875 BBF roller lifters. (I can supply the longer link bars at additioal cost)
It will be a wet sleeve design. (I can supply sleeves at additioal cost)
It will accept up to a 4.500 bore.
Deck height is negotiable.
Bellhousing mounting can be changed to BBF for blowproof belhousing availability
A front cover for p pump mounting will also be available.
Can be Imperial or Metric hardware. larger head and main stud bores are an option.
This block will easily support 2000hp

Im not sure on a cost yet need to work out some details first but it should be less than the only other aftermarket "performance" block available.

Thanks for input and intrests.

Cory Keck

the factory block is cast wouldnt it be smarter to machine a block from billet? just my 2cents

Welcome to the site? Anything else your looking to sell?

Ive been a member of this site for over 2 years.

I'm looking for recomendations and interest for a part that i may or may not produce. Currently there is nothing similar to this in the 7.3 market and I might be able to help fill that void.

Ive been a member of this site for over 2 years.

I'm looking for recomendations and interest for a part that i may or may not produce. Currently there is nothing similar to this in the 7.3 market and I might be able to help fill that void.

I honestly don't see there being enough people going to wanting a completely aftermarket block for a 7.3. There are just a handful of people at most that taking huei to over 1000+whp and the factory blocks are working for them. Most of your die hard powerstroke guys are giving up on 7.3's and switchin to 6.4's also.

Back