7.3 fuel bowl rebuild

Genz06

knuckle buster
my mom noticed the other day that it looked like fuel was spraying from the fuel filter housing and leaving fuel puddles everywhere it went. so i looked at it and none of the lines were leaking but seems to be leaking from the water drain and the bowl heater plug in. so i looked it up online and found a website called,diesel orings.com. apparantly ford uses some orings that the diesel fuel breaks down the coating on them.ordered the rebuild kit from them for 18 bucks.just a bunch of orings and gaskets pretty much. anybody else ever hear of this?

sorry, her truck is a 2001 7.3.not sure but milage is around 150k

yes,
Pull the 4 screws holding the drain valve to the back of the filter.(Valve is yellow)
There is 2 orings on the drain valve, replace and reinstall valve.

ok. yeah the kit we ordered has me replacing all of the orings on the whole damn filter housing. better now than another 2 weeks. thanks though, kinda happy somebody else has seen this

well ma got those parts in friday and i had a chance to install them tonight. replaced all the orings and and fuel line bushings. gave it a nice cleaning while i had it out. whole thing took about 3 hours from opening hood to closing it.(few smoke breaks and kids in hot tub) only pain was the two bolts that hold the filter housing on that go thru the oil pump,just a pain in the arse to get to.the rest was pretty simple.

Back