7.3 high hp build

I think it's because the right people have been spending enough time on the limitations of the injection system. Not because it is easy or popular, but because they want to reach certain goals on the 444...

Most everything on top of that motor is 1-off custom stuff
My guess is the plexi valve covers are to keep an eye on fuelleaks. Having the high pressure lines completly covered would make me nervous.

Dagnabbit--I thought as much but wasn't 100% sure. For some reason I thought ClearGearz produced something like that but apparently they only make diff covers. Oh well, the takeoff valve covers that I painted and reinstalled when I R/R'ed my o-rings and glow plugs on Friday look spiffy enough that I don't feel too compelled to change 'em for something blingier.

i know what's up too with EDP ;) i can't wait to see more that project come along!! once you get track times you better post them up ASAP

i know what's up too with EDP ;) i can't wait to see more that project come along!! once you get track times you better post them up ASAP

You think you know. :poke:
This has nothing to do with superchargers.............

Can you say Billet block

A billit block would be nice but that isn't what is holding us back in my opinion...
from the few people in the know that I have talked to I think the big changes are going to be inside the heui injectors to make them go fast:evil

so why now? The 7.3 has been out since 1994, but now all of a sudden winter 2008 the aftermarket is going to suddenly start looking at the 7.3???

ben

its not like they havent been working on it. the thing about the powerstrokes is that the heui system was pretty much a compleetly new idea when it come out in 94 (cat may have had it a year or two earlier I'm not sure) but any way since it is so differant it takes a lot of time to get around all of its obsticales. Look at how far the tractor guys have come in the last 20 years and they are just working with a good old p-pump. The dodges are so far ahead becasue theye were able to take what the tractor guys have leared and build on that. and as for the commonrail stuff well it is just much better tecnology, but it still has a way to go before it will run with the mechanical stuff on the top end.
$.02

The best thing is that as the technology comes out for the PSDs the cost of the parts are going to come down in price somewhat, cause more and more people are going to start getting them. That is one bad a$$ lookin motor there. EDP you should call it Re-Stroked.

What engine, and man. did a 8 cylinder p-pump come on?

we p-pumped my buddies 7.3 not that hard but u better have cash 2 spend there an international 8cyl that used a p-pump we also used komatsu injecters 4 it

oh and something else Crower rods, push tubes, gridle and rockers we had Fink grind the cam we used

You think you know. :poke:
This has nothing to do with superchargers.............

:thankyou2:

Sorry guys wish I could inlightin more

to stir the pot since Richard brought it up 7.3 daily driver making big power with a procharger is extremely fun when sitting on lift and 35's

Mack pump is to big to fit nice a p-pump is easier because their is a guy in ohio that makes the timing cover that and also a mack pump is alot more work to make it last an perform like a p-pump or just call cds and get a billet sigma if u got the extra 15k

if you can p-pump a 7.3, im pretty sure you can make all the HPCR electronics fit from a Dmax.

why wast ur time the fuel delivery will never b fast enough with electronics! Or we would b runnin it

Back