7.3 oily mess

DWB

Newb
Any of you guys runnin 7.3's? why doe's my 99 7.3 breath enough oil into the intake to leak down the intake connecter onto the valley and out the back down the bell housing? Just starting to dig- I've heard of the CCV mods- why are they needed?

They will get quite a bit of oil in the IC but usually not enough to run out of the valley. More then likely you have a leak in the hpop system and it just look like its coming from the boots or intakes.

You can do a ccv mod by just adding a hose and running it out the back. Then just cap off the hole in the intake.

Thanks for the Reply. Like the name Beans- Happens to be mine. where is the HPOP mounted? If it's internal to the engine that could very well be the case and it's be breathed out thru the CCV. The orange intake duct is where my leak is coming from. I've lost a couple qts of oil- normally she's tight.

There high pressure oil pump is in the valley just in front of the intake y. There are fittings on it with orings that often go bad and also two ss flex lines that come of it and go to the heads that also have orings that go bad along with plugs in the ports on the heads that have orings that go bad.

Your boots on the y will look wet with oil, normally do but if you have a leak bad enough to be dripping pretty good in the valley its 100% going to be one of those hpop fittings that have orings on them.

Thanks, I'll check it out when the rain stops. Curious, do you think a CCV mod is a good idea? I've seen some well engineered ones. But not sure if it's completely safe.

Dave

I like to just run a road draft tube. It makes for the least amount of crank case pressure opposed to alot of the ones that are heavily baffled.

Back