7.3 problems coolant in exhaust

richsdieselperf

Lethal Injection
a friend of mine dropped off a truck for me to look at and so far i think i am looking at more than one problem. first of all there is excessive pressure going into the coolant system maybe some oil as well, and coolant in exhaust but no coolant or fuel in oil, iam not to sure if thats going to be a headgasket problem or a injector cup problem maybe even a oil cooler too seems to me more like a head gasket problem,but maybe more and if it is i would replace the cups anyway. second right after you shut the truck off it takes a long time and some times doent even build up oil pressure on gauge probly a bad HPOP i think he has been using either to start it i havent yet checked compression i know the guy put a set of bigger injectors and a turbo in but iam just not 100 percent sure where to start iam not to fimillar with the 7.3s ive always worked on cummins and 6.0s any suggestions would be great thanks, Rich (3017122565)

deffintly have injector cup leaking i pulled the injector pressureized cooling system heard air coming from cup also blocked oof cylinder and glowplug holes.
i think the problem is leaking injectors and all the injector cups need to be replaced thanks

sounds like injector cup or head gaskets. I would pull heads replace injector cups and head gaskets and install head studs. While your there install some comp 910 valve springs and have the heads looked over very closely.

yeah i havent posted in a while but i found two bad cups low compression on 3 cylinders (Either) so in the spring iam going to rebuild it for the guy thanks

Don't forget. On trucks that haven't had the coolant additive added to them. They will cavitate the blocks. You may have some porous cylinder walls.

Back