700-750hp build up, which injectors? reliable setup?

blacksmoke83

There is my setup:

2001 HO block & rotating assembly
-weight & balanced rotating assembly (crank, pistons ,rods)
-A1 HD rod bolts
-A1 extra long main studs
-5/8'' thick girdle plate
-fluid damper
-Colt Cams HD big stick cam

1998 cylinder head (no valve seats)
-110lbs Greg Hogue Motorsports valve springs & titanium retainers
-Hamilton Cams HD push rods
-"O"ring cylinder head
-ARP head studs

twin turbo setup
-hybrid HX35/40 over K31 FMW
-38mm TIAL external wastegate
-port & polished HTT exaust manifold
-ceramic coat on every exaust component (manifold, exaust casings, down pipe)

fueling system
-bench tuened & maxed 180hp P7100
-CDS 5K GSK
-150hp BD nozzles with converted injector body (12valve spring in 24 valve body)
-0.084 injection lines
-0.084 drilled connector tubes

my questions are ;

which injectors do I need to reach my 700-750hp goal ?

Is 700-750hp with this setup will be reliable ?

Get some mach 7 injectors, converted with 12 valve springs. You won't be disapointed.

A little haze at idle when cold, but one of the cleanest I have seen. I would say very drivable with a tight afc.

Is 700-750hp with this setup will be reliable ?

you've covered pretty much all of the bases, only thing i see that may compromise reliability would be the exhaust housing on the HX35HX40 hibrid, it will most likely run a little hot trying to push 700 horse, it will definitely be nice and snappy for daily driving. but that small housing trying to expel all the air moving through the engine from the K31 is going to be restrictive . i like that set of twins though, we sell a lot of those to guys wanting a reliable 550 horse towing/daily driver. trying to push it to 750 will result in some crazy drive pressures and high EGT's

As much as I liked my k31, 700-750hp is a bit much to ask of a 70mm compressor. Trying to cram the air from an overworked compressor into a motor with another overworked compressor may generate a bit more heat than you want(if you want to stay in the reliable range). A 62/71/.8 over 75/83/1.1 is about the smallest i would recommend for that range. The quest for being able to light the chargers before you get ten feet can bite you in the backside.

why did you make your hot pipe out of 4"?

because before I build this setup, I already knew that I would swap my top charger for something with a bigger exaust outlet

and also cause I had this 4" stainless steel pipe free :aiwebs_032:

The thing is that the spool up is almost scary on that thing ! I just want to keep it that way cause for me, that's the way a DD shoud be.

My next question is, what kind of HP/TQ numbers can I expect with those changes on my setup ?

- E.D. 62/58/13ss with race cover instead of my hybrid HX35/40/16
- F1 Diesel mach7 stisks instead of BD 150
- Full port & polish cylinder head job
- Cut off intake manifold

thanx ! :Cheer:

Spool up is fast, but it will run out of steam very early on top. Both chargers will be hurting you on top end power.Try an SPS62 over 75/83/1.1 S400 with Mach 7's and around 19deg of timing. If your pump is in good shape, you should be able to get right at 700hp with that setup.

you WILL NOT be dissapointed with the driveability of the machs. from my experience with ppump 24v, a mach 6+ injector (i think a 7x .010 with max lift) with an industrial draonfly pump and 62/71/13 over a 83mm ht4c its a street friendly setup in town and a raging monster when you put your foot down. i think a mach 5 or 6 would get you to your goal.

Back