726 Hp / 1291 Tq

Cummin-a-long

Big Angry
Got some new numbers yesterday.

This was fuel only, Smarty TNT/R only (speed limited to 120), no water injection and a 50% Eddy brake load.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0JsAuRULr4

Slide2-47.jpg

726HP1291TQ.jpg

726HP.jpg

nice job Rich. Seems those injectors did the trick. You should be well into the 11's now. Bring it out the Silver dollar May 23th and do some racin'. You might be some good competition for Swole

The sticks certainly helped, but I actually think it was more the fact that I can lock 4th gear now. I was expecting around 650 and 1200 last time.

Before I was blowing through the dyno at 100% load in less than 3 seconds with 3rd gear and the 5000 didn't have time to spool. I was maxing out at 48 psi.

Now I can load it at 1200 RPM's in 4th gear and go straight to the floor with it. I maxed out around 68 psi yesterday and EGT's never went over 1100 pre-turbo and 850 post.

Congrats !!!

I wonder what your numbers would have been with a pressure box?

what was your rail pressure during the run?

-jp

nice numbers, last weekend at Ts my truck turned 617hp & 1079tq hope i can have my truck at your numbers by indy

Congrats !!!

I wonder what your numbers would have been with a pressure box?

what was your rail pressure during the run?

-jp

I had the RP set to 3 on the Smarty.

I was sitting at 22,000 - 23,000 at WOT.

With both CP3's running on seperate lines, I don't have trouble with rail pressure. Stab it and the pressure comes right up, there's no drop like there is with a single line.

I could have bumped it up to it up to 4, but this was the first runs with the new nozzles and second feed line, so I wanted to see how everything was sitting before I really maxed out the pressure.

There's a little more left in the current setup, I'm gonna run it again in about 2 weeks with a few more tweeks, so we'll see how she goes.

Last edited:
I had the RP set to 3 on the Smarty.

I was sitting at 22,000 - 23,000 at WOT.

With both CP3's running on seperate lines, I don't have trouble with rail pressure. Stab it and the pressure comes right up, there's no drop like there is with a single line.

I could have bumped it up to it up to 4, but this was the first runs with the new nozzles and second feed line, so I wanted to see how everything was sitting before I really maxed out the pressure.

There's a little more left in the current setup, I'm gonna run it again in about 2 weeks with a few more tweeks, so we'll see how she goes.

9 out of 10 people that say there's a little more left are full of $hXX. In your case, you're probably down 40hp from where you'd be with a pressure box. Smarty alone might not get your pressure where you need it to be, even on 4.

9 out of 10 people that say there's a little more left are full of $hXX. In your case, you're probably down 40hp from where you'd be with a pressure box. Smarty alone might not get your pressure where you need it to be, even on 4.

Very true.........

But 9 out of 10 people have nothing but a box or programmer and think they have 600 hp.

:hehe:

the higher the setting doesn't always mean more HP or RP. A pressure box in my case only netted an extra 20hp on the dyno. I can also see pretty high RP depending on the SW level being used. I've never even thought of going to 3 or 4 on the RP setting and have seen 28.5Kps. Unless your rail is capped, you're not going to see very high RP and if you do, you can bet you've blown the relief valve.

I've got the second CP3 feeding the top of the rail, so blowing the relief valve is no issue......there isn't one. the only thing the relief valve is doing is capping the return line.

I try to keep the RP under 26K psi. Making power is fun, but blowing the tip off an injector isn't.

On average, if I run the Edge with the Smarty I have an extra 40 - 60 HP on tap, so yes there is a bit more in it.

Once I turn the timing down on the Smarty and turn the Edge on, I can squeeze some more out of her.

I was only doing 3 pulls, so I wasn't gonna re-tune it in between.

the higher the setting doesn't always mean more HP or RP. A pressure box in my case only netted an extra 20hp on the dyno. I can also see pretty high RP depending on the SW level being used. I've never even thought of going to 3 or 4 on the RP setting and have seen 28.5Kps. Unless your rail is capped, you're not going to see very high RP and if you do, you can bet you've blown the relief valve.

You're running your MP8 though, so you don't really need to mess with the pressure settings on the Smarty.

Bring it out the Silver dollar May 23th and do some racin'. You might be some good competition for Swole

We'll see..

My Exhst. housing should be back from Htt on Wed or Thurs....If the repairs they made get me my extra HP back then I hope to run somemore low 11's....

Then I gotta detune it and practice running right at 12.00.....

Back