727 to 47rh questions

old smoky22

Old Smoky
Ok i have a first gen dodge that im buildin into a truck puller and i am makin way to much horsepower for the 727and every one tells me that the 47rh is the way to go now i am wondering what all i would need to do this swap??? any help would be greatly appreciated

First off you will need the engine adaptor from the 94 ups, and a different starter. Why couldn't you just get a built 727 to put back in there? I could see where the non lock up might have its' advantages.

No you shouldn't have to but you will need to have your front drive shaft lengthened for sure.

You will want a different transfer case unless you want to break yours.

You will want a different transfer case unless you want to break yours.

My feelings are the same but a lot of guys will say other wise on this site. I'd go with a 271 or 272 re-clocked if it were me. The 241's put the drive shaft really close to the transmission and if the drive shaft ever had issues, you may have a hole in your trans.

My feelings are the same but a lot of guys will say other wise on this site. I'd go with a 271 or 272 re-clocked if it were me. The 241's put the drive shaft really close to the transmission and if the drive shaft ever had issues, you may have a hole in your trans.

Well I think he has like a 205 or a 203. 241DHD is plenty stout, just put a ujoint shield around the ujoint at the tcase and at the differential and you should be good to go.

I'm guessing it is a 205 as well. Like I said above, the only problem with the 241 is how close the front frive shaft is to the transmission. You could probably re-position the bolt holes on the tcase to clock it differently but IDK.

ok if i went with a 241 dhd i would have to get a different front axel too cause the dif changed sides in 94? thanks for all the help too guys it is much appreciated

ok if i went with a 241 dhd i would have to get a different front axel too cause the dif changed sides in 94? thanks for all the help too guys it is much appreciated

No you wouldn't, you re-clock the tcase so it runs down the RH side instead of the LH. Then you have to modify the oil pump pick up and mounting holes in the front of the front housing so you can re-mount it.

ok would just any standard tran shop do that or is there somewhere you would recomend to do that for me?

Back